From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark
Sent: Saturday, October 24, 2020 6:13 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: does a link leave a site?

is it possible to get information about a link, like to know if takes you to a different site?

Mario

Adrian, could you explain how to tell what these clues are?

From: Adrian Spratt [mailto:adrian@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2020, 8:06 AM
Copy the link and paste it into the Google search field. The results are likely to give you clues.

is it possible to get information about a link, like to know if takes you to a different site?

Mario

maybe I don't understand the question, but if Mark types in an address like for example altavista.com and presses enter, it will eventually redirect to https://search.yahoo.com/?fr=altavista.
I interpret Marks's question as, is there a way to know when an address to a website will be redirected, before it actually is redirected?

From: Adrian Spratt [mailto:adrian@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Saturday, October 24, 2020, 8:06 AM
Copy the link and paste it into the Google search field. The results are
likely to give you clues.

is it possible to get information about a link, like to know if takes
you to a different site?

Dan Longmore

Hi,
The right mouse click has benefits over the key strokes especially for those who are sighted. It is slightly faster than a key stroke and does not require that your finger leave the mouse for a key stroke. As a blind individual I still find myself using the right click with a keystroke instead of the application key .
Force of habit and what is "used to". I am glad that the application key and F10 keys are a good alternative but I don't know that one is better than another.

Dan