moderated Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded not checked

Richard Turner

Hello Jaws experts,

Well, I unchecked the Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded setting in the default settings.

However, when I open email or a web page it still does the automatic read stuff.

I have rebooted.

This happened before and after the April update.

Is there another setting related to this buried somewhere else?

Thanks,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

Mike B

Hi Richard,

Try opening, Quick Settings, Insert / Jaws key + V, while in each application and if it's checked in quick settings uncheck this setting there as well.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 6:17 PM
Subject: Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded not checked

Hello Jaws experts,

Well, I unchecked the Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded setting in the default settings.

However, when I open email or a web page it still does the automatic read stuff.

I have rebooted.

This happened before and after the April update.

Is there another setting related to this buried somewhere else?

Thanks,

Richard

Ralph's Observation:  It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

Nermin

Hi, Richard,

do not check the setting in the default config. Instead, open every browser you're using and do it there.

Application settings beat default settings, so whenever you're changing something and there is a particular setting that differs within a given application, that one will be used instead of the default you set.

Regards,
Nermin

Richard Turner

Thanks, I will check that tomorrow.
I guess I can see that one could want this behavior one place, but not others, but if you want it off everywhere, it would be nice if there was a global settings that overroad the application settings.
O well, wish in one hand ....

Richard 
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com

On Apr 6, 2021, at 9:25 PM, Nermin via groups.io <voy44@...> wrote:

Hi, Richard,

do not check the setting in the default config. Instead, open every browser you're using and do it there.

Application settings beat default settings, so whenever you're changing something and there is a particular setting that differs within a given application, that one will be used instead of the default you set.

Regards,
Nermin

Mike B

Hi Richard,

When you said you unchecked the setting in the default settings, were you referring to, Settings Center, default all applications?  If so, you would think that would cover, All Applications!  Oh well, givethe quick settings a try or the Settings Center only for each application.  Settings Center keystroke, Insert / Jaws key + 6, on the number row is 1 way of getting there.

Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 9:45 PM
Subject: Re: Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded not checked

I guess I can see that one could want this behavior one place, but not others, but if you want it off everywhere, it would be nice if there was a global settings that overroad the application settings.

Richard 
"Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people." -- Eleanor Roosevelt

www.turner42.com

Hi, Richard,

Regards,
Nermin

Richard Turner

Yes Mike,

Nermin was right, the application settings “trump” the default settings.

This was most annoying on web pages as it seems that Jaws gets a little carried away at times and causes me to miss things.

I like it in emails, so all is working well right now.

Thanks to you and Nermin for getting me further into the Jaws illogic.😉

Richard

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Tuesday, April 6, 2021 9:54 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded not checked‑

Hi Richard,

When you said you unchecked the setting in the default settings, were you referring to, Settings Center, default all applications?  If so, you would think that would cover, All Applications!  Oh well, givethe quick settings a try or the Settings Center only for each application.  Settings Center keystroke, Insert / Jaws key + 6, on the number row is 1 way of getting there.

Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2021 9:45 PM

Subject: Re: Document and Web Pages Automatically Read When Loaded not checked‑

Richard 

Hi, Richard,

Regards,
Nermin