Topics

moderated Do Any Of You Out There Subscribe to Any Podcasts?

Rick Miller

Dear Listers:

I am just beginning to become acquainted with podcasts.  There is one podcast where I am trying to sort episodes from oldest to newest and then play them in that order, but I am having no luck at all and am wondering if any of you do podcasting and might be able to give me some advice.  Can sorting from oldest to newest episodes be done at all, and if so, how do you do it with JAWS?  I subscribe to podcasts using Spotify.

Rick Miller

Randy Barnett

I dont use it myself but some blind podcasters recomend Overcast for playing podcasts. I answered your other thread you might want to read it.

On 1/5/2021 11:05 AM, Rick Miller wrote:

Dear Listers:

I am just beginning to become acquainted with podcasts.  There is one podcast where I am trying to sort episodes from oldest to newest and then play them in that order, but I am having no luck at all and am wondering if any of you do podcasting and might be able to give me some advice.  Can sorting from oldest to newest episodes be done at all, and if so, how do you do it with JAWS?  I subscribe to podcasts using Spotify.

Rick Miller

JM Casey

Well, I am a podcaster now I suppose, in the sense that I record/make one. But I also listen to a bunch. I don’t subscribe, to be honest, I just go to their websites and download the episodes. They usually have numbered episodes so it’s easy to figure out what order they go in, if that matters, and just play them that way. I don’t have any answers about spotify though, as I don’t use it.

I am just beginning to become acquainted with podcasts.  There is one podcast where I am trying to sort episodes from oldest to newest and then play them in that order, but I am having no luck at all and am wondering if any of you do podcasting and might be able to give me some advice.  Can sorting from oldest to newest episodes be done at all, and if so, how do you do it with JAWS?  I subscribe to podcasts using Spotify.

Rick Miller

Jessica D

Hi,
What's the name of your podcast, and where can we find it?

Thanks,
Jessica

[...]

Hey jessica.

Thanks for asking! It’s called Chrononauts, and is a podcast on science fiction literature. It’s something I do with my buddy nate and we go really in-depth and obscure. Each episode has a theme and the current two-part series is on hollow earth theory/stories. SO yes, definitely not for everyone to say the least. If you’re interested in such things though, you can find it at

http://www.anchor.fm/chrononauts

And doing a search in your various podcasting apps of choice should also find it. I know anchor pushes to Stitcher, Apple Play (I think), Spotify and a bunch of other platforms.

I would listen to the newer episodes first as the old ones are pretty rough, but so far we’ve only done eight episodes, witht eh next one coming in a week or so.

I am just beginning to become acquainted with podcasts.  There is one podcast where I am trying to sort episodes from oldest to newest and then play them in that order, but I am having no luck at all and am wondering if any of you do podcasting and might be able to give me some advice.  Can sorting from oldest to newest episodes be done at all, and if so, how do you do it with JAWS?  I subscribe to podcasts using Spotify.

Rick Miller

Rick Miller

The podcast is called “Mobituaries,”  hosted by Mo Rocca.  All the episodes are at mobituaries.com, but you can subscribe to the podcast anywhere you get podcasts.  I use Spotify.  When I go to Mobituaries using Spotify I find the table where the episodes are located.  My niece tells me that when you select “all episodes,” to the right of that there is a “sort,” link where you can sort episodes either from newest to oldest or oldest to newest.  In Google Play JAWS works with this, but not with Spotify.  But here’s what puzzles me.  In GooglePlay I can select episodes from oldest to newest, but they won’t play in that order after I select it.

Rick Miller