moderated discover in Outlook

Van Lant, Robin

Just had to share my new discovery for today.   Ever had it where you think focus is on one message in Outlook that  you want to delete only to realize it wasn’t?  Yet again today, this happened to me where I press delete in my message list only to see the message I thought I was deleting was still there, meaning I’d accidentally deleted a different message.   When this happens, I have no idea which message is deleted and can only go through my deleted folder looking for it one message at a time.  Well, I think I just discovered that  Control Z, for Undo, works hhere.  I knew it worked when editing and formatting, but I didn’t expect it to work in this case.  Phew!

Using Office 365 and JAWS 2021

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

That is brilliant, thank you!  I just wasted time today searching through my deleted items folder for that very reason.

Thanks for sharing that one.

Pam

[...]

Michelle's Home Emails

Hi yes this got me out of trouble many times. Well done.
Michelle

On 5 Mar 2022, at 10:25 am, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Just be aware control-z doesn’t consistently work, at least in Outlook 2016. Especially when Outlook gets tired, it can stop working or, sometimes worse, restore a different message, one you rightly deleted. It’s always worth a try, but you can’t depend on it. One way to avoid deleting a message in error is to make sure JAWS doesn’t verbalize “not selected” when you press the delete key.

[...]

crayton Benner <craybay3198@...>

It’s the same way with even the latest version of outlook.

On Mar 5, 2022, at 09:53, Adrian Spratt <adrian@...> wrote:

[...]

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Well, I can't get it to fail, and I've just tried for over 15 messages.  You can only undelete the last thing you've deleted, though.

So if you've deleted 20 messages it's only that 20th one you can get back, and the order in which you deleted them matters.  As soon as you delete one more the ability to undelete the one you'd done before that is now gone.

They're still in the trash folder, though, at least if you didn't use SHIFT + Delete to cause an instant, permanent, and irrevocable deletion of the message.

Friendship. . . Intimacy, untroubled by eros.

         ~ Kim Chernin