Topics

moderated different speech profiles coming out of different sound cards

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

I write to inquire about a unique nuance regarding speech profiles and sound cards within jaws.

I currently have a Bluetooth speaker hooked up to my computer.

I set jaws to come out the real tech sound card, and all other sounds come out the Bluetooth speaker.

Here’s the deal,

When I set my speech profile with ctrl + insert +s to eloquence, jaws comes out the real tech card as I originally desired; however,

If I set the speech profile to Microsoft mobile using ctrl +insert +s it comes out the Bluetooth speaker.

Please keep in mind, I don’t think it is so much a hinderance, but rather,

A feature that I don’t know how to control.

Any ideas?

It would be a great feature if I knew how to control it.

When I looked within the speech profiles under voice adjust, and,

I look under Microsoft mobile profile,

There is no setting that says:

“for this profile, use this sound card.”.

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Mike B

Morning Mike,

I've never used a bluetooth speaker but, I'm assuming that this speaker is being seen as a soundcard by your computer.  When you assign Jaws to use the Realtek that means that the bluetooth speaker is the Windows default sounccard and all other sounds will come through the bluetooth speaker.

So, when you switch speech profiles now all sounds, including Jaws, is switching over to the Windows default soundcard, which is the bluetooth speaker.  Look in your soundcard setttings to see if Jaws can be asigned to run via the Realtek soundcard while in the Microsoft Mobile profile.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 4:48 AM
Subject: different speech profiles coming out of different sound cards

Hi guys:

I write to inquire about a unique nuance regarding speech profiles and sound cards within jaws.

I set jaws to come out the real tech sound card, and all other sounds come out the Bluetooth speaker.

Here’s the deal,

When I set my speech profile with ctrl + insert +s to eloquence, jaws comes out the real tech card as I originally desired; however,

If I set the speech profile to Microsoft mobile using ctrl +insert +s it comes out the Bluetooth speaker.

Any ideas?

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

mike mcglashon

Mike,

I see what you are saying, but,

The thing is,

When I set eloquence as the speech profile for outlook and say set profile for word to be Microsoft mobile,

As I switch between the two programs, the profile changes, and the sound card for that profile changes with it.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: different speech profiles coming out of different sound cards

Morning Mike,

I've never used a Bluetooth speaker but, I'm assuming that this speaker is being seen as a soundcard by your computer.  When you assign Jaws to use the Realtek that means that the Bluetooth speaker is the Windows default soundcard and all other sounds will come through the Bluetooth speaker.

So, when you switch speech profiles now all sounds, including Jaws, is switching over to the Windows default soundcard, which is the Bluetooth speaker.  Look in your soundcard settings to see if Jaws can be assigned to run via the Realtek soundcard while in the Microsoft Mobile profile.

Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Hi guys:

Here’s the deal,

Any ideas?

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Mike B

Hi Mike,

Since I'm not running your configuration I can't comment or suggest anything more.  I would need the same type configuration or something similar to experiment with and I don't.  Hopefully someone that does will chime in.

Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 6:33 AM

Mike,

I see what you are saying, but,

The thing is,

When I set eloquence as the speech profile for outlook and say set profile for word to be Microsoft mobile,

As I switch between the two programs, the profile changes, and the sound card for that profile changes with it.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Thursday, November 19, 2020 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io

Morning Mike,

I've never used a Bluetooth speaker but, I'm assuming that this speaker is being seen as a soundcard by your computer.  When you assign Jaws to use the Realtek that means that the Bluetooth speaker is the Windows default soundcard and all other sounds will come through the Bluetooth speaker.

So, when you switch speech profiles now all sounds, including Jaws, is switching over to the Windows default soundcard, which is the Bluetooth speaker.  Look in your soundcard settings to see if Jaws can be assigned to run via the Realtek soundcard while in the Microsoft Mobile profile.

Hi guys:

Here’s the deal,

Any ideas?

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon