Topics

moderated Desktop Shortcut Problem

David Kingsbury

HI all,

Windows 10, JAWS 2020

In recent weeks, I have frequently heard “unavailable” when hitting a desktop shortcut. Especially the Downloads, Documents,and a few other folders. Only folders, not shortcuts to programs or web pages. Does anybody have similar problems? Does anybody have a solution? It happens quite frequently and is very annoying. And I know the desktop shortcuts have been put in correctly, so that’s not the problem.

Thanks for any help on this,

David

Bill White

Hi, David. Yes, I have been experiencing the same problem from time to time with the latest update to JAWS. If I close all windows and try the shortcut again, the folder usually opens with no problem.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

In recent weeks, I have frequently heard “unavailable” when hitting a desktop shortcut. Especially the Downloads, Documents,and a few other folders. Only folders, not shortcuts to programs or web pages. Does anybody have similar problems? Does anybody have a solution? It happens quite frequently and is very annoying. And I know the desktop shortcuts have been put in correctly, so that’s not the problem.

Thanks for any help on this,

David

Richard B. McDonald

This should be reported to FS.

Hi, David. Yes, I have been experiencing the same problem from time to time with the latest update to JAWS. If I close all windows and try the shortcut again, the folder usually opens with no problem.

In recent weeks, I have frequently heard “unavailable” when hitting a desktop shortcut. Especially the Downloads, Documents,and a few other folders. Only folders, not shortcuts to programs or web pages. Does anybody have similar problems? Does anybody have a solution? It happens quite frequently and is very annoying. And I know the desktop shortcuts have been put in correctly, so that’s not the problem.

Thanks for any help on this,

David

David Kingsbury

Thanks. That seems to work.