From: Mark [mailto:mweiler@...]
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Date: Wednesday, September 9, 2020, 7:41 PM
Subject: Describing the contents of a region?
Is there a command or script that would make JAWS describe the contents
of a region?  For example, it might say that the main region has 3
headings, 4 lists, 10 links, and so on. It could save time from figuring
it out more manually.

Mark

insert + F1 describes the whole page. I'm hoping there's a way to describe the contents of a single region within the whole page.

Sean Murphy

Sorry, no there is no option available nor do I know of any other screen reader they can provide the same capability that you are seeking. Interesting concept

My experience is the part

On 11 Sep 2020, at 3:34 am, Mark <mweiler@...> wrote:

insert + F1 describes the whole page. I'm hoping there's a way to describe the contents of a single region within the whole page.

Mark

When moving to a navigable element using a navigation key, is it possible to have JAWS announce that you've entered or exited a region. For example, if a user is familiarizing themselves with the web content by navigating by headings, could JAWS say: heading 1, heading 2, entering main region, heading 2, heading 3, leaving main region, heading 2.