Topics

moderated Deleting numbers and bullets in word 2016

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

Good afternoon:

I'm using Jaws 2019 and Windows 10 with word 2016. Can someone tell me how to delete automatic bullets and numbers?

Thanks.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: M

Glenn / Lenny

TThe way I would do it, for just deleting them, and not for turning off that feature, which I would also recommend, is to arrow to what you want to delete, and hold the control key and tap the space bar till it says selected.
Then copy, and then do control + H and tab through the fields, and in the find field, do the paste command, and tab to the replace with field and press the delete key and then do alt + A for all.
HTH.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 12:42 PM
Subject: Deleting numbers and bullets in word 2016

Good afternoon:

I'm using Jaws 2019 and Windows 10 with word 2016. Can someone tell me how to delete automatic bullets and numbers?

Thanks.

John J. Fioravanti, Jr.

How would I turn off the feature?

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 01:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Deleting numbers and bullets in word 2016

TThe way I would do it, for just deleting them, and not for turning off that feature, which I would also recommend, is to arrow to what you want to delete, and hold the control key and tap the space bar till it says selected.

Then copy, and then do control + H and tab through the fields, and in the find field, do the paste command, and tab to the replace with field and press the delete key and then do alt + A for all.

HTH.

Good afternoon:

Thanks.

Glenn / Lenny

That is in Office settings, if I remember right, you find settings under tools.
It may be on the general tab, but you may have to go to the spelling and grammar tab.
I'm working with an older office, so it may be different in your version, but that is the idea.
Glenn

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 12:48 PM

HTH.

Good afternoon:

Thanks.

Mike B

Here are a couple of notes for this:

What I usually do is go in Word, then press ALT+T followed by the A key. Trust me, this works still. This brings me to the Word autocorrect options dialog.
From here, I would press the Control+Tab keystroke about 3 times till I hear the “Autoformat as you type” page. Hitting Tab then brings me through all
the options available. You can turn off automatic bulleted list, numbered lists ETC, ETC and more ETC. :) :) There are a plethora and myriad of options
you can check off here.

Hope this is helpful! You can also get to the Autocorrect options dialog through the Word general options, with ALT+F, then T.
Humberto

Here are the steps in Mail, they work in Word as well. I removed step 2 because it is no longer relevant in newer versions of Word.
1. From the File tab, click Options, Alt/F then letter T.

3. In the Proofing section, click AutoCorrect Options.

4. Click the AutoFormat As You Type tab.

5. In the Apply as you type section, un-check Automatic bulleted lists and Automatic numbered lists.

6. Click OK on each dialog box to return to your mailbox.

To kill numbering, press control + shift + n.  In effect, you are switching to "normal" style.  The same keystroke works in Microsoft Word.  After you
do that, there will be no numbering.  To resume numbering, move up to the last numbered paragraph, press control + shift + c to copy formatting.
Then, move down to where you want numbering to resume.  Press control + shift + v to paste formatting.
Poppa Bear

Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 10:48 AM

HTH.

Good afternoon:

Thanks.

Justin Williams

You can just press enter twice consecutively and the feature will stop automatically putting in bullets and numbers.

That is the quick fix until yyou fin out how.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 1:51 PM

It may be on the general tab, but you may have to go to the spelling and grammar tab.

I'm working with an older office, so it may be different in your version, but that is the idea.

Glenn

HTH.

Good afternoon:

Thanks.

Ann Byrne

Under Word options, alt-f, then t; arrowe to proofing and tab once for autocorrect options dot dot dot. Enter on this. ctrl+tab to autoformat, and tab to bullets and numbering to uncheck it.

To get rid of bullets and numbering already on a page, press home to get to the beginning of the bulleted/numbered line and then backspace to make the character disappear. You can also select the whole document, press alt+h, then u for bullets or n for numbers, fine "none" in the resulting grid, and whack enter on that to remove all the bullets or numbers on a page.

At 10:23 PM 6/22/2020, you wrote:
You can just press enter twice consecutively and the feature will stop automatically putting in bullets and numbers.

That is the quick fix until yyou fin out how.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 1:51 PM

Glenn
To: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io

From: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io <<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny

HTH.

Good afternoon:

Thanks.
From: <mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io <<mailto:main@jfw.groups.io>main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny