moderated DAISY for computer that works with BARD

Marianne Denning

What software can I download onto my Windows 10 computer running the latest version of JAWS that will work with BARD?

Bill White

Hi, Marianne. You cannot read any BARD books on your computer, because they are protected by an authorization key. That's why so many Victor Reader Streams, Victor Treks and other talking book players are sold. BARD doesn't want books read on the computer, for fear that they could be copied with digital recording software, and distributed as unprotected books, which would be illegal under copyright law.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:25 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: DAISY for computer that works with BARD

What software can I download onto my Windows 10 computer running the latest version of JAWS that will work with BARD?

Stan Holdeman

If you are asking about browsing the Bard Talking Book website, Google Chrome works fine for me.

Stan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 8:25 PM

leonard morris

Bard express

Every country has an identity, history, custom, and culture. It’s a unique landscape in determining how its people Live, work, and play.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> on behalf of Marianne Denning <marianne@...>
Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 8:25:22 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>

Chris Hill

Bard has an app that will let you find and download books.  They will not allow their audio books to be played on a pc.  I actually managed it once using an android emulator and the android app, but it was more of a lark than anything I'd recommend to anyone else.

CH

On 6/29/2021 19:25, Marianne Denning wrote:

Bill White

Hi, Stan. I think Marianne is asking about reading DAISY BARD books on the computer. I just sent her a message explaining that this is impossible, and why.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Stan Holdeman
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 5:49 PM
Subject: Re: DAISY for computer that works with BARD

If you are asking about browsing the Bard Talking Book website, Google Chrome works fine for me.

Stan

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 8:25 PM

Milton Ota

If you are wanting to read a BARD book there is no software that will do that.

If you are thinking of the software to download and transfer books to the NLS cartridge there is BARD Express.

Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2021 7:25 PM