moderated cursor blinkrate with JAWS

Peter Tighe

I have just recently moved into a so-called            independent living center.

I am trying to get some  help with my banking and accounting from  some older friends.

They seem to be distracted by the fast cursor blinkrate which Jaws forces.

While I am working with them, is there any way I can slow the blinkrate down?

I can do it temporarily, but once the screen changes, the fast rate is back.

Thanks for your help

Peter Tighe

Mike B.

Hi Peter,

Yes you can, but it might effect the way Jaws reads.  You didn't say which operating system, so where to find the blink rate settings for Windows 7 & 10 are below.
Go to the, Control Panel / Keyboard link, and press enter.
Or, type, blink rate, into the search field and press enter on, Change cursor blink rate.

The cursor blink rate settings are on the Speed tab.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

I have just recently moved into a so-called            independent living center.

I am trying to get some  help with my banking and accounting from  some older friends.

They seem to be distracted by the fast cursor blinkrate which Jaws forces.

While I am working with them, is there any way I can slow the blinkrate down?

I can do it temporarily, but once the screen changes, the fast rate is back.

Thanks for your help

Peter Tighe

Peter Tighe

Mike,

This doesn’t work for me. As soon as I change the blinkrate and press enter on it, and go back to check it again, it has already defaulted back to 100.

I think Jaws is forever forcing it back to 100?

Thanks,

Peter

I have just recently moved into a so-called            independent living center.

I am trying to get some  help with my banking and accounting from  some older friends.

They seem to be distracted by the fast cursor blinkrate which Jaws forces.

While I am working with them, is there any way I can slow the blinkrate down?

I can do it temporarily, but once the screen changes, the fast rate is back.

Thanks for your help

Peter Tighe

Glenn / Lenny

Perhaps you can hide the cursor all together.

I have just recently moved into a so-called            independent living center.

I am trying to get some  help with my banking and accounting from  some older friends.

They seem to be distracted by the fast cursor blinkrate which Jaws forces.

While I am working with them, is there any way I can slow the blinkrate down?

I can do it temporarily, but once the screen changes, the fast rate is back.

Thanks for your help

Peter Tighe

Jay <jcoffin@...>

Hi.

If you go into settings center, and search cursor blink, then you should be able to adjust the cursor blink rate from there. Just make sure you’re in the default settings, not application specific settings. When you open settings center you should already be in the default all application settings, but just in case, before you type in the search box, press shift+tab and listen to see if all applications is selected then press tab to get back in to that search field. Hope this helps.