Topics

moderated Crosspost: Importing Saved Passwords From One Browser To Another

Jasmine Kotsay

Hi,

I am trying to sign into a couple of email accounts in Microsoft Edge. I have the passwords from those accounts saved in Chrome, and was wondering if it is possible to import them into Edge, and if so, how to do this?

Sincerely,

Jasmine

"Blindness is not what defines me, but there are many things that do."

Jasmine Kotsay, 2007

I do not know of any password manager that allows the export (or import) of data from another, and that includes those in web browsers.

You'd have to unencrypt the contents to allow that transfer across managers, and for security reasons that's just not done.

           ~ André Gide