moderated credit card applications and websites

Jeff Lukacsena

Hello List,

I need to apply for my first credit card soon.

I was what everyone recommended as far as accessibility of application completion and websites that work best with Jaws and Chrome.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Mark Arnold ABG

Jeff,

I use Bank of America and it is very accessible once you get comfortable with the layout.

Hope this helps,

Mark

I need to apply for my first credit card soon.

I was what everyone recommended as far as accessibility of application completion and websites that work best with Jaws and Chrome.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Adrian Spratt

You might consider Amazon’s Visa card. The only accessibility issue there for me was the combo boxes. As I recall, the solution is not to press enter at the combo box, which I normally do, but just alt-down arrow. Then arrow down to your choice, leave it selected, then press the PC cursor twice quickly to exit.

Whatever you do, avoid any credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. Its statements are completely inaccessible. Unfortunately, it’s the bank PayPal uses. PayPal itself is fine.

I need to apply for my first credit card soon.

I was what everyone recommended as far as accessibility of application completion and websites that work best with Jaws and Chrome.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

And you could always go to your bank and if that is not possible call them as they may be able to do it over the phone with you.

You might consider Amazon’s Visa card. The only accessibility issue there for me was the combo boxes. As I recall, the solution is not to press enter at the combo box, which I normally do, but just alt-down arrow. Then arrow down to your choice, leave it selected, then press the PC cursor twice quickly to exit.

Whatever you do, avoid any credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. Its statements are completely inaccessible. Unfortunately, it’s the bank PayPal uses. PayPal itself is fine.

I need to apply for my first credit card soon.

I was what everyone recommended as far as accessibility of application completion and websites that work best with Jaws and Chrome.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

Adrian Spratt

If you want to spend ages on hold every month, only to speak to a rep who can’t understand what your problem is. I was astonished by Synchrony’s lack of interest and, ultimately, their admission that there’s no one to speak to about Web accessibility.

And you could always go to your bank and if that is not possible call them as they may be able to do it over the phone with you.

You might consider Amazon’s Visa card. The only accessibility issue there for me was the combo boxes. As I recall, the solution is not to press enter at the combo box, which I normally do, but just alt-down arrow. Then arrow down to your choice, leave it selected, then press the PC cursor twice quickly to exit.

Whatever you do, avoid any credit card issued by Synchrony Bank. Its statements are completely inaccessible. Unfortunately, it’s the bank PayPal uses. PayPal itself is fine.

I need to apply for my first credit card soon.

I was what everyone recommended as far as accessibility of application completion and websites that work best with Jaws and Chrome.

Thanks,

Jeff Lukacsena

crayton Benner

Bank of  America is what I used and it worked very very well.

[...]

I also use Bank of America. Are you able to get monthly statements in easily readable form, or do you need to edit the PDF files first to align payee, amount an date?

[...]

Lori Lynn

As has been stated Bank of America is fairly accessible. Capital One is also easy to use and accessible. Once you decide on which card to apply for, you can always call and apply over the phone rather than online.

Lori Lynn

[...]

All my credit cards I have here in Canada allow me to download transactions in CSV format which can then be easily opened in Excel. I still download PDF statements for archiving, but rarely use them for looking up transactions since I will also download all the transactions for a given statement in Excel format.