moderated Could use some outlook 2021 contact help please.

Ron Kolesar

Hello, once again, from Ron Kolesar.

For my example on what I need help with, I’m going to compare windows live mail to the newer outlook mail package.

Now in WLM’s contacts, I was able to tab across and I had the following fields:

First Name, Middle Name, Last Name and then nickname.

If I were to place a say call sign for my ham radio friends in the nickname field, when I wanted to write a letter to that firend, I could start typing in their call sign and the e-mail address would appear within the to field.

  1. How can I do this within the outlook mail package?
  2. 2. Again within in WLM, you had with one contact to switch from personal to business to have two contact information in one contact, instead of having to creat two contacts for the same person.
  3. How can I also do this within Outlook?
  4. Last but not least.
  5. I have some friends with multiple phone numbers and a cell phone number and multiple e-mail addresses.
  6. How can I enter in this information as well?
  7. Very Thankfully Yours,
  8. Ron Kolesar

Richard Turner

Hi Ron,

I’m going to paste what Jaws has from the speech history as I tab through my wife’s contact.

This will at least give you an idea of the fields.

You can fill in or skip any fields you like.

I think you can also add fields in each section by cliking on the button like for email and bring up other choices.

I’ll x out the phone number etc.

Davies, Carol
(50x) xxx-xxx
Carol Davies - Contact
Full Name Edit‑
Carol Davies
Company Edit‑

alt+p
Job title Edit‑

alt+t
File as edit combo‑
Davies, Carol
alt+t
Contact Photograph Button‑
Open the address book to select an entry for Email Button‑
Email Index Button‑
Email Edit‑
daviesxx@...
Display as Edit‑

alt+i
Display as Edit‑

alt+i
Web page address Edit‑

alt+W
IM address Edit‑

alt+r
IM address Edit‑

alt+r
Business... Button‑
Phone Number 1 Type Button‑
Phone 1 Edit‑

Phone 1 Edit‑

Home... Button‑
Phone Number 2 Type Button‑
Phone 2 Edit‑

Phone 2 Edit‑

Phone 2 Edit‑

Business Fax... Button‑
Phone Number 3 Type Button‑
Phone 3 Edit‑

Mobile... Button‑
Phone Number 4 Type Button‑
Phone 4 Edit‑
(50x) xxx-xxxx
Business... Button‑
Address Type Button‑
Address edit‑
This is the mailing address check box‑ not checked‑
Alt+r

I think if you put their call letters in the display as field, that might work.

The last field is a notes field that doesn’t help with the auto fill function.

Richard

My web site, www.turner42.com

[...]

Van Lant, Robin

I don’t see a way, other than maybe what Richard suggested below to add a nickname. I can see how that would be nice.  Maybe there si a creative way to do it I havent’ thought of yet.

As Richards speech hisotyr shows, there are four different default phone number fields, but you can hit the button to the left of any of those fields to change the label on the field to a different one, such as pager.

While only one email field shows by default, I outlined the other day in this thread the way to add a second email address.

No email system si perfect, so hopefully you can make this one meet your needs.

[...]

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Ron Kolesar

A huge thanks Rich.

When I get a free moment, I’ve going to ry your advice.

Many thanks once again.

Ron KR3DOG