Topics

moderated could not load braille driver

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

When I load jaws,

(both previous versions and also with latest version from the other day),

I get a message:

Could not load braille driver

And then an “ok” button to which I must hit enter to pass.

Although I am not really technical,

I do believe I have latest version of windows because it does updates on its own from time to time without asking me.

I have spoken to vispero regarding this on several occasions:

On first occasion,

They tandomed into my system,

Done a jaws repair,

And as soon as I restart the computer the problem reappears.

On latter occasions,

They claim they cannot duplicate the bug, and,

That they will note it in their logs of errors and bugs.

My first question is:

Has anyone else received this error message? And,

If yes, what if anything did you do to repair this bug.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I am trying to connect up to my pacmate braille display.

For a long time, the display connected nicely;

The problem is, I have had the error so long,

I don’t remember whenst it first occurred;

I am willing to guess that it started sometime last february or march.

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon

Email: Michael.mcglashon@...

Ph: 618 783 9331

Debby Hill

Hi Mike,

I have seen that error many times when working with braille displays and JAWS. It usually is fixed with either a reload of JAWS or a reboot of the computer. It sounds as though most things have been tried with no success. The only thing I can think of is have you tried a different cable between the computer and the PacMate? One time when I was repeatedly getting that error and nothing worked, it was the cable.

Good luck, Take care and be safe!

Debby

[...]

Ann Byrne

I had this one earlier this week. It has to do with the Windows 10 Braille driver setting. You can't have both Narrator and JAWS displaying Braille.

Press the windows key, and in the searchbox type Braille. Arrow down to 'turn Braille on and off" and press enter.
Be sure the 'turn on Braille' button is off.
Tab to 'add a braille display'. Tab to 'add a Braille display' and ignore it.
Tab again to the list of active Braille displays. there should be two: one that says windows something or other, and one that says Freedom Scientific packmate something or other. Be sure the windows is *not chosen and that the Freedom scientific display is chosen.
Press enter and hope for the best.

Good luck!

mike mcglashon

Ms. Anne:

First, I am sorry that I didn't call right away after I got home;
And,
Second,
I apologize for writing this email so late to let you know what happened;
And
Third,
The thing is working now,
Both "no error message" and the pacmate is alive;
(dots are popping);
Whenst I plugged it in,
She came alive;
I then turned off/on jaws and "voila no error";

Not calling you right away:
As far as not calling you right away,
Our bus was late arriving at indi;
We had a non-compliant non-mask wearer who persisted;
Hence, we pulled over,
Allowed authorities to attend to him,
And then moved on;
We arrived at about 945 eastern time;
I supposed that it might be too late to call,
(you did say it was landline);
And,
The matter was not so important as to disrupt your evening.

Emailing so late:
As far as emailing you nearly an hour later,
(probably unreasonable),
I had a beer,
Unpacked,
Watched the islander game,
And frankly lost track of time;
Hence, I just now remembered to correspond with you as to the situation;

Again, thank you for your instructions,
As I executed them as prescribed;
And,
It seems to have resoluted the issue..

Please advise as you like.

Mike M.

Mike mcglashon
Email: Michael.mcglashon@...
I had this one earlier this week. It has to do with the Windows 10 Braille
driver setting. You can't have both Narrator and JAWS displaying Braille.

Press the windows key, and in the searchbox type Braille. Arrow down to
'turn Braille on and off" and press enter.
Be sure the 'turn on Braille' button is off.
Tab to 'add a braille display'. Tab to 'add a Braille display' and ignore
it.
Tab again to the list of active Braille displays. there should be
two: one that says windows something or other, and one that says Freedom
Scientific packmate something or other. Be sure the windows is *not chosen
and that the Freedom scientific display is chosen.
Press enter and hope for the best.

Good luck!

mike mcglashon

Dam,