moderated Copying footnotes as part of the text of a word document

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

When copying text from word documents, I find that footnotes do not
get copied. This means that I have to go and separately copy a
footnote that I'd like to paste in another document.

How can I fix this?

I use Windows 10, JAWS 2021, Office 365. Thank you.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hello Rahul/all,
No, in my case footnotes are carried over to the new file, albeit with a new enumeration. So perhaps, you may need to check at your settings.
Kindest regards,
Takis

When copying text from word documents, I find that footnotes do not get copied. This means that I have to go and separately copy a footnote that I'd like to paste in another document.

How can I fix this?

I use Windows 10, JAWS 2021, Office 365. Thank you.

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Judicial Law Clerk to Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud, Supreme Court of India Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018) University of Oxford

Rahul Bajaj

Thanks. What settings might be worth checking, in your view?

Rahul