Topics

moderated Converting mp4 files to either .wav or mp3 files

Judy Redlich

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Milton Ota

Hi,

Do a search with Google for “Pontse Media Download”, I found this to be the easiest to use than using a program over a website. Program resides on your computer and you just need to copy the url for the stream and it will convert it to almost any audio file format.

Milton

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

JM Casey

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Judy Redlich

Thanks so much to both of you!  Has anyone ever tried

Zamzar File Conversion?

Someone else gave me that site to try but he doesn’t use jaws.

Judy

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Milton Ota

No, I haven’t, and this is the first time I have heard of this program.

Milton

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Richard Turner

It looks like Zamzar is a web conversion site that handles about every format and then some.
www.zamzar.com

Richard

On Jun 26, 2020, at 4:17 PM, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Michael Amaro

GoldWave will also convert them

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Judy,

As someone else commented, I prefer having a standalone program running on my Windows 7 computer for purposes of extracting or converting audio as opposed to using a conversion website. I fine Pazera Free Audio Extractor to be accessible and it should handle your file formats just fine. You can read about it and find a download link at this website:

https://www.pazera-software.com/guide/audio-extractor/

Alan Lemly

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Maria Campbell

Zanzar works great with JAWS but it's not free.  You are allowed two free conversions per day.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke
On 6/26/2020 7:21 PM, Judy Redlich wrote:

Thanks so much to both of you!  Has anyone ever tried

Zamzar File Conversion?

Someone else gave me that site to try but he doesn’t use jaws.

Judy

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

JM Casey

Not free though. Worth the investment but probably only if you want to do more with it besides simple format conversion.

Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out of the equation (I think) but, it’s a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Milton Ota

Hi,

I took a look at the Zamzar File conversion site and it didn’t look like it was free.

The Pontse Media Downloader is free.

I use it to convert Youtube music to mp3.

Milton

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Bill White

The best online site to convert mp4 to mp3 I found, and appears to be completely free,

https://anyconv.com/mp4-to-mp3-converter

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

ratshtron

format factory will do what you want to do. I have taken an .mpg file with audio and video and convert it to ,.mp3. format factory is a free program and as far as converting .mp4's to .wav, that can be done, but you will not get the quality loss back like if you have ripped the audio from a cd directly to .wav.

Legend has it that on Friday 6/26/2020 05:44 PM, Judy Redlich said:
Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.
Judy

John Covici

The ffmpeg command is very simple, just ffmpeg -i <mp4 file name> <wav
file name> and that's it. I have never tried this on Windows, so I
have no idea on how this works under that OS.

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 19:17:42 -0400,
JM Casey wrote:

[1 <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
Try audacity. You may have to install the ffmpeg library separately. The
latter has a command line interface that you could use and cut audacity out
of the equation (I think) but, it's a bit complicated. :D

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to
mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4
file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Deb and the girls

This might not be the correct place to ask this but I have an old laptop, windows 7 ie11, and it has a drive on it called drive D.  I have tried and tried to defrag and clean it up as it is 99 per cent full and a low volume left announcement comes up about every fifteen minutes.  I try to clean it up and compress it but it says I can retrieve 0 space.  What setting is it on that I can not fix this?  Is there a way that I can stop the question from being spoken?  What is on drive D usually?  I am using jaws 2020.2 something, whatever last week’s update to 2020 was.  Can anyone help me with some ideas?  I am an ordinary computer user, no programming skills, this is my personal computer, nothing for work.

Deb Ver Steeg

debsoundandscent@...

Thanks in advance.

debsoundandscent@...

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Bill White

Hi, Deb. You will probably need to transfer some of the data that is on Drive D to another drive before you can defrag or clean it up. What types of files do you see when you open the drive, before the announcement comes up?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Deb and the girls

Hey Bill, I don’t see any files when I bring up drive D which is odd.  As for helping me out I am ok with that, however, I am totally blind and that icon that asks to allow control is not spoken for some reason.  If you have a fix for that, we could do that.

Deb Ver Steeg

debsoundandscent@...

Hi, Deb. You will probably need to transfer some of the data that is on Drive D to another drive before you can defrag or clean it up. What types of files do you see when you open the drive, before the announcement comes up?

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

david Jennette

That’s probably a recovery partition. I don’t know why you would be getting an alert on it though. Yes, it’s probably going to be nearly full but it was too begin with.

The best online site to convert mp4 to mp3 I found, and appears to be completely free,

https://anyconv.com/mp4-to-mp3-converter

Which is the best free accessible software to convert mp4 audio files in to mp3 or wav files.

2nd question: Is there a software that strips mp4 audio from a video mp4 file that converts them to either .wav or mp3?

Thanks.

Judy

Mario

in addition, do you know if the drive is a hard drive or a solid state drive? if it is the latter, a defrag should not be performed on a SSD because, among various reasons, doing so will shorten the life of the drive. I think Windows will detect that it is an SSD and perform a trim or the appropriate optimization if the defrag is scheduled to occur automatically.