moderated Converting inaccessible PDF

ravi.pawa@...

What is the most reliable and inexpensive way to make an inaccessible PDF accessible in it’s original page format? The reason why I want to keep the original format is because often times when I OCR a PDF that has multiple columns or tables, the format gets really messed up and it’s hard to read through. I am aware that I can OCR using JAWS and open the file in Word, but I want to keep the file in Adobe Acrobat and read it using Fusion.
The only option that I can see is using Adobe Acrobat Pro which is very expensive in my view. Any other options?

Karina Castro

Hello, did you try with easypdf.com?  I use it frequently for ebooks and documents from university, so you could be restricted if your doc is bigger than 50 mb.  Other of my tools is ABBYY Fine Reader, more powerful and my favorite option, you can find any version with key included and try it.

Good lock!

--
Salu2, Kari

Cohn, Jonathan

Perhaps scribe can help?
https://pneumasolutions.com/introducing-scribe-for-personal-documents/

ravi.pawa@...

What is the standalone version of ABBYY that I should look for? All I can find is version 15 which is subscription based. Is there standalone version that I could buy? Thanks,

ravi.pawa@...

It's a good option, thank you. The only problem is that I'm reviewing annual reports which are typically 100+ pages so it could get expensive really fast. But, for small documents, I can see myself using it.