Topics

conversations withjaws in outlook 2013

William Windels

Hello,

Since not everything is accessible in ms outlook, like the treadview in outlook 2010, I was wondering If I am missing something.

My question:

I have several mail messages from always the same sender and sometimes the same subject and I want just to have always

Only the newest mail with that subject.

This messages come from the 4me ticketing system as notification so, the subject starts with request #  and then a number and after it, the subject of the ticket.

Since every change in the ticket generates a new mailmessage and only the last message is important for me, I would like that outlook cleans all old messages so that only the newest message from each ticket stays in the inbox.

Making treads and cleam up them , does not work perhaps it’s not a discussion and/or , all mails are from the same sender.

I need a rule like this:

Remove all the mails inwith the same subject that are older then the newest one.

Any hint is very welcome

Kind regards,

William Windels

William Windels

Incident Manager SWF

02/506 0 487 / 0477 88 4276 (ik werk niet op maandag- en vrijdagnamiddag)

Why not just use conventional conversation view, which uses date, and make the sort order newest to oldest?

Very conventional, very common, and gets you to the very message you want, every time, if you've either read the earlier ones or deleted them.  Otherwise you'll land on the first most recent unread one, I think.  I tend to clean out what comes in very quickly when it comes to business related messages, so I don't often have anything but the most recent one in a given conversation when the next message arrives to begin with.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

William Windels

Hi Brian,
The traditional conversation view doesn't work. It works well if there is a real conversation so, every body in the discussion replys on the other mail.
In my situation, the messages are send separately and have no connection to each other except that de subject and the sender are the same.
But this critheria are not enough to determine it as a conversation.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone

Op 29 jul. 2020 om 22:54 heeft Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> het volgende geschreven:

Why not just use conventional conversation view, which uses date, and make the sort order newest to oldest?

Very conventional, very common, and gets you to the very message you want, every time, if you've either read the earlier ones or deleted them.  Otherwise you'll land on the first most recent unread one, I think.  I tend to clean out what comes in very quickly when it comes to business related messages, so I don't often have anything but the most recent one in a given conversation when the next message arrives to begin with.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Then consider creating a manually run rule that looks for messages with subject containing what you need to get rid of that are older than today, and kicking that off as needed.

You might be able to do that same thing with a rule for when something is received with the subject you want to nuke, but it would also require custom VBA scripting to avoid nuking the message you just received based upon what I can find in the Rules Wizard.

I'd just create a rule that deletes all messages with that subject that you can run after having read the latest one that arrives that you can kick off after having read the latest one and don't need it anymore.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

I have not seen an option in Outlook rules to do what you want. Microsoft Accessibility might have an idea.  Here is an idea that I think could help you.  If you have your inbox sorted so that that newest is on top, you can move to the first message by a given person, Then, hit the application key while you are still in the inbox.  Hit F to jump to the “Find related” menu option. A submenu will open and the first option, on which you’ll already have focus, is called messages in this conversation.  It will display all the related messages with the same subject line and you can delete the older ones and/or read just the top message you need.  You may need to use F6 or Control Tab to bring focus to the list of messages.

I have never used the cleanup conversation option, so I don’t know the ins and outs of that feature.

Robin

[...]

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

William Windels

Thx Robin,

Thsi is something that can be used but it takes manual work to do this with every message that can have a other mail-message with the same subject