From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Connect Outlook to Word

Hi all, Hope Everyone are staying safe in their house. I have a question on how to connect Outlook to word. Does any one know the steps on connect Outlook to word to make sending attachment easier. I'm going to use Outlook as my default email service to use with my homework assignment from my high school's distance learning session  during the Corona Virus. Hope to hear from you.

Best regards

Michael Munn

Tim Ford

Hi All,

There are 2 methods I use, one seems a bit easier, but the second is quite easy as well.

I have found that the most simple way to attach a Word file is to navigate to the document through Windows Explorer or Word itself, and press the old reliable Control + C to copy it to the clipboard.  Then go to the body of the email, and press Control + V to paste it in.  You can verify the process by pressing shift tab to get to the list of attachments that is between the subject line and the body of the email text; your file name should appear there.

The other easy method is the same for starters, you find the file in a list under Windows Explored.  Right click (applications key or shift + F10), and arrow to the “send to” line.  Open this with the right arrow.  Arrow down to “mail recipient” and press enter.  Alt tab and you will find your Outlook message ready to go with the file already attached.  Your cursor is in the “to” box.  I think Outlook needs to be running for this to work, so start Outlook before issuing the “send to” command.

Tim Ford

I never had to connect Word to Outlook. All I do is find the document I want to attach, then copy the file, not the contents of the file, to the clipboard. Once I open the emzail I want to send, all I have to do is paste the document into the body of the email to attach it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...