Topics

moderated Connect Outlook to Word

Michael Munn

Hi all, Hope Everyone are staying safe in their house. I have a question on how to connect Outlook to word. Does any one know the steps on connect Outlook to word to make sending attachment easier. I'm going to use Outlook as my default email service to use with my homework assignment from my high school's distance learning session  during the Corona Virus. Hope to hear from you.
Best regards 
Michael Munn 

Bill White

I never had to connect Word to Outlook. All I do is find the document I want to attach, then copy the file, not the contents of the file, to the clipboard. Once I open the emzail I want to send, all I have to do is paste the document into the body of the email to attach it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:22 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Connect Outlook to Word

Hi all, Hope Everyone are staying safe in their house. I have a question on how to connect Outlook to word. Does any one know the steps on connect Outlook to word to make sending attachment easier. I'm going to use Outlook as my default email service to use with my homework assignment from my high school's distance learning session  during the Corona Virus. Hope to hear from you.

Best regards 

Michael Munn 

Tim Ford

Hi All,

There are 2 methods I use, one seems a bit easier, but the second is quite easy as well.

I have found that the most simple way to attach a Word file is to navigate to the document through Windows Explorer or Word itself, and press the old reliable Control + C to copy it to the clipboard.  Then go to the body of the email, and press Control + V to paste it in.  You can verify the process by pressing shift tab to get to the list of attachments that is between the subject line and the body of the email text; your file name should appear there.

The other easy method is the same for starters, you find the file in a list under Windows Explored.  Right click (applications key or shift + F10), and arrow to the “send to” line.  Open this with the right arrow.  Arrow down to “mail recipient” and press enter.  Alt tab and you will find your Outlook message ready to go with the file already attached.  Your cursor is in the “to” box.  I think Outlook needs to be running for this to work, so start Outlook before issuing the “send to” command.

Tim Ford

O

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill White
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: Connect Outlook to Word

I never had to connect Word to Outlook. All I do is find the document I want to attach, then copy the file, not the contents of the file, to the clipboard. Once I open the emzail I want to send, all I have to do is paste the document into the body of the email to attach it.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 8:22 PM
Subject: Connect Outlook to Word

Best regards 

Michael Munn 

Ann Byrne

I believe Outlook uses Word to process text. So when you create a message, Word is the editor. If you want to send a Word file, follow the instructions from previous posts. If you want to open an attachment in Word, shift-tab from the message and you should be on the title of the attachment. Press enter to open it, or good old ctrl+c to copy it in order to paste it into your documents or other folder. There are free FS webinars on using Outlook, and others on JAWS with Word. NVDA for about $20 has an excellent textbook on Outlook, as well as another on Word.

To get to the FS webinar page,
1. press insert+j to get to the JAWS page.
2. Press alt+h (help).
3. Press 'r' (resources).
4. Press 'w' (webinars).
5. Find the link to archived webinars and explore/download the treasures there.

At 10:21 PM 3/25/2020, you wrote:
Best regardsÂ
Michael MunnÂ

JOHN RIEHL

When you're in outlook and want to open an attachment in word, press the
Insert key and A (the insert key on the "six pack". That takes you directly
to the attachment. Shift-tabbing does not work for me but this does.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 8:51 AM

I believe Outlook uses Word to process text. So when you create a message,
Word is the editor. If you want to send a Word file, follow the
instructions from previous posts. If you want to open an attachment in
Word, shift-tab from the message and you should be on the title of the
attachment. Press enter to open it, or good old ctrl+c to copy it in order
to paste it into your documents or other folder. There are free FS webinars
on using Outlook, and others on JAWS with Word. NVDA for about $20 has an
excellent textbook on Outlook, as well as another on Word.

2. Press alt+h (help).
4. Press 'w' (webinars).
5. Find the link to archived webinars and explore/download the treasures
there.
Hi all, Hope Everyone are staying safe in their house. I have a
question on how to connect Outlook to word. Does any one know the steps
on connect Outlook to word to make sending attachment easier. I'm going
to use Outlook as my default email service to use with my homework
assignment from my high school's distance learning session  during
the Corona Virus. Hope to hear from you.
Best regardsÂ
Michael MunnÂ

Van Lant, Robin

There used to be an option on the File menu in Office programs for "Send as attachment". In recent versions, this has been replaced by a "file Share" button on the Home ribbon. It's toward the far right end of the ribbon, past the Styles group. The shortcut to open this dialog of options is Alt, then z, then S. There are options to make your document into the body of the email or to attach it to a message. Like others, I prefer to grab files from File Explorer and attach them, but I think this alternative may be what you were asking for. It does assume that Outlook is your default email program. If not, you'll need to make that the case before trying to use the feature.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ann Byrne
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 6:51 AM

I believe Outlook uses Word to process text. So when you create a message, Word is the editor. If you want to send a Word file, follow the instructions from previous posts. If you want to open an attachment in Word, shift-tab from the message and you should be on the title of the attachment. Press enter to open it, or good old ctrl+c to copy it in order to paste it into your documents or other folder. There are free FS webinars on using Outlook, and others on JAWS with Word. NVDA for about $20 has an excellent textbook on Outlook, as well as another on Word.

2. Press alt+h (help).
4. Press 'w' (webinars).
5. Find the link to archived webinars and explore/download the treasures there.
Hi all, Hope Everyone are staying safe in their house. I have a
question on how to connect Outlook to word. Does any one know the steps
on connect Outlook to word to make sending attachment easier. I'm going
to use Outlook as my default email service to use with my homework
assignment from my high school's distance learning session  during
the Corona Virus. Hope to hear from you.
Best regardsÂ
Michael MunnÂ

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Pramit

Hi Michael,

Use the shortcut to share word docs through outlook directly.
To do this, Once you have the file opened in Word that you want to share, use the commands from the word itself, and it will open up the a New Email with the word file attached to it.

To send the file as an attachment :  ALT + F + Z + E + A
To send the file as a pdf :  ALT + F + Z + E + F
To send the file as an XPS :  ALT + F + Z + E + X

Hope this helps

Pramit

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 8:52 AM Michael Munn <michaelrbms@...> wrote:
Best regards 
Michael Munn