From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Phillip Gross
Sent: Sunday, 4 April 2021 2:53
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Comparing 2 word documents

I need to compare 2 documents for differences. I am grading one of the Word documents against the other one. These are not short documents. They are approximately 45 pages long.

I know how to proof read, and I have my own speech settings for it that work well for me. However, in this case I will be comparing 2 different documents. The only thing I can think to do is turn on my proof reading settings and go back and fourth through the documents one line at a time. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Phillip,

Jason described you how to deal with Word documents using the revision feature of Word.

If you don't have turned on this feature you could use s script language to assist you, for example Word's own macro language VBA or JAWS scripts itself. If you want I can try to help you writing some script to assist you. If you want you can write me a personal message and we check out what's possible. The kind of script depends on your needs: Do you want do compare two paragraphs and get noticed if the content is different? Do you want to know if formatting changes (for example if in one paragraph a word is bold and in the other document not)?

All the best
Udo

Am 04.04.2021 um 08:53 schrieb Phillip Gross <phillip_gross@...>:

I need to compare 2 documents for differences. I am grading one of the Word documents against the other one. These are not short documents. They are approximately 45 pages long.

I know how to proof read, and I have my own speech settings for it that work well for me. However, in this case I will be comparing 2 different documents. The only thing I can think to do is turn on my proof reading settings and go back and fourth through the documents one line at a time. Does anyone have any better ideas?

Phillip Gross

Thanks. I'll give this a shot tonight.