From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of molly the blind tech lover
Sent: Friday, June 17, 2022 8:21 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: command to restart Jaws is not working

Greetings everyone.
For some reason the command to restart Jaws (insert plus spacebar followed by f4), is not working on my pc. When I press that keystroke the Jaws window does not go away. I rebooted my computer which temporarily fixed it, but now it is not working again. Also, the voice command to restart Jaws is also not working. I am running Jaws version
2022 (April 2022 update), and Windows 11 version 21h2. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

Curtis Chong

Hello:

It is working fine on my Windows 10 machine. One difference, however. I am running JAWS out of the System Tray.

I will determine now if that makes a difference.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I just looked up the command in JAWS and it seems like it has been broken. I would call Freedom Scientific and inquire from Tech Support if indeed it is broken.

For some reason the command to restart Jaws (insert plus spacebar followed by f4), is not working on my pc. When I press that keystroke the Jaws window does not go away. I rebooted my computer which temporarily fixed it, but now it is not working again. Also, the voice command to restart Jaws is also not working. I am running Jaws version
2022 (April 2022 update), and Windows 11 version 21h2. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

Curtis Chong

Further testing under Windows 10 reveals that the restart keyboard commands are working with the latest iteration of JAWS. Could this be a Windows 11 issue?

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I just looked up the command in JAWS and it seems like it has been broken. I would call Freedom Scientific and inquire from Tech Support if indeed it is broken.

For some reason the command to restart Jaws (insert plus spacebar followed by f4), is not working on my pc. When I press that keystroke the Jaws window does not go away. I rebooted my computer which temporarily fixed it, but now it is not working again. Also, the voice command to restart Jaws is also not working. I am running Jaws version
2022 (April 2022 update), and Windows 11 version 21h2. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

Milton Ota

It might be, but again, I tested the command with Leasey and it wasn't working for me.

[...]

What happens with Leasey not running?

Curtis

[...]

It doesn't seem like that command works as there is no command to just unload Leasey but, there is a command to run JAWS in the default settings without LEASEY running.

Tried it both ways and it still didn't work for me.

[...]

Jeff Christiansen

Is this the same when running Default alternate user directory mode?

[...]

Loy

I just tried it here on Windows 11 and JAWS 2022 and it is working as it should.

I just looked up the command in JAWS and it seems like it has been broken. I would call Freedom Scientific and inquire from Tech Support if indeed it is broken.

For some reason the command to restart Jaws (insert plus spacebar followed by f4), is not working on my pc. When I press that keystroke the Jaws window does not go away. I rebooted my computer which temporarily fixed it, but now it is not working again. Also, the voice command to restart Jaws is also not working. I am running Jaws version
2022 (April 2022 update), and Windows 11 version 21h2. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

Curtis Chong

Insert space immediately followed by F4 does not work for you? Interesting. This needs to be reported to Vispero.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

[...]

Mike B.

Hi All,

Also, the Insert, Windows key + F4, doesn't work on Windows 10 or 11 either.  It's been reported to FS for both systems.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

Ok, it is working now.

On 6/17/22, Milton Ota <mota1252@...> wrote:
Yes,.

[...]

I got it to work now.

Is this the same when running Default alternate user directory mode?

It might be, but again, I tested the command with Leasey and it wasn't
working for me.

I just looked up the command in JAWS and it seems like it has been
broken. I would call Freedom Scientific and inquire from Tech Support
if indeed it is broken.

For some reason the command to restart Jaws (insert plus spacebar
followed by f4), is not working on my pc. When I press that keystroke
the Jaws window does not go away. I rebooted my computer which
temporarily fixed it, but now it is not working again. Also, the voice
command to restart Jaws is also not working. I am running Jaws version
2022 (April 2022 update), and Windows 11 version 21h2. Is anyone else
experiencing this issue?
Thanks.

james hooper

Sowhat is different why is it working for you.