clipboard question

Van Lant, Robin

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Bob Kennedy

If you use the Windows clipboard anything you add overwrites what was there before. You can use the Jaws clipboard and keep adding without losing prior copies.

On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:33:23 AM EDT, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <robin_van_lant@...> wrote:

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Jim Weiss

If you are running Win 10 and are up to date you can now copy multiple items to the clipboard.  This feature must be turned on in Settings>>System>>Clipboard before you can use it.  I think that this feature was introduced in version 2004.  I believe that once it is enabled the keystroke to see what is on your clipboard is Windows key + V.
Jim Weiss

On Apr 19, 2021, at 11:33 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement
Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank
720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Ann Byrne

If you are in MS Office, the office clipboard holds 24 items, newest first. Access it with alt+h, f, d.

At 10:33 AM 4/19/2021, you wrote:
Here's a sample scenario I'd like help with. I'll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another. As I'm moving to that other document, I'll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard. Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it? That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history? Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement
<http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank
720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Hi Robin,

I’m not well-versed in the Windows 10 clipboard capabilities since I’ve only had Windows 10 for a little over a couple of weeks. I would recommend you consider installing the Ditto clipboard manager to your computer. Ditto will let you do everything you requested and you’re able to set the number of copied clips it retains for later perusal and pasting. I have mine set to store the last 500. By default, you can access previous Ditto clips by pressing ctrl + tilde and you can then arrow through those clips to press enter to paste it wherever focus is located on your computer. I especially like that you can press shift + enter when focus is on a Ditto clip and instead of pasting it with its original formatting, it will be pasted as plain text and assume the formatting of the location where it’s pasted.

If you’re interested, Ditto can be downloaded from this site:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ditto-cp/files/Ditto/3.21.134.0/

Alan Lemly

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Richard Turner

Bob, or someone,

Could you enlighten me on how to use the Jaws clipboard?

I tried to find it in the Jaws settings center and came up with a big fat 0.

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

[...]

Oh, Jim, you are right.  I just hit Windows V and I can arrow down through a number of things I recently copied to the clipboard. It seems like the best way to use this is to be where you want to paste something, then hit Windows V, arrow to the item you want to paste, then hit enter.  That pasted one of my previous items.  Thank you!!

[...]

Cristóbal

The Jaws layered command insert+space bar then C gives you the following according to Jaws: “opens the Clipboard Text Viewer and displays all text copied and appended to the Clipboard. You can then select and copy text from the viewer and paste it in other applications.”

Cristóbal

[...]

Alan,

Thanks.  That looks like a cool little program. I cannot install that here at work, but I’ll look at it for home use.

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Van Lant, Robin

Bob,

Do you mean the JAWS history feature?  I do use that quite a lot for grabbing text that his hard to copy in the normal way.

[...]

I suspect there is a separate command for copying into the Jaws clipboard, what might that be?

Though with this newer Windows feature, that might be enough, but it is good to know ones alternatives.

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

[...]

Hmmm.  The JAWS layered command option only seems to be showing the last thing I copied to the clipboard. I supposed this is useful in some cases, such as to see if you grabbed what you wanted to copy, but not what I needed.  Still nice to now know of the Windows clipboard history, the Office clipboard keystrokes, and the Ditto application.

[...]

Albert Cutolo

Hi it used  too be, that if you do a windows c command you could then copy multiple items to the clipboard.

[...]

Marianne Denning

I copy multiple items regularly but how do you copy an item, skip a few items and copy more items?

[...]

If you want to append multiple items to the clipboard with Jaws, it would be insert+Windows key+C. The you could then do the layered command insert+space bar then C to view the multiple items copied. The only thing with appending multiple   items, is that you you have to get into the habit of selecting and copying a blank space first. Kind of like clearing the clipboard. Otherwise, you’ll have a bunch of copied stuff you don’t’ want.

Cristóbal

[...]

Hi robin,

I thought about that after I posted the suggestion. It is a very useful clipboard manager but turning on the Windows clipboard history should be allowable in a work environment and I’m glad it worked for you.

[...]

Al Sorrentino

For multiple clip board items is the command Insert, Windows key and the letter C

Al Sorrentino

[...]

Marianne,

Are you talking about files or text?

It would be helpful to know.

[...]