clipboard question

Van Lant, Robin

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement

Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Bob Kennedy

If you use the Windows clipboard anything you add overwrites what was there before. You can use the Jaws clipboard and keep adding without losing prior copies.

On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:33:23 AM EDT, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <robin_van_lant@...> wrote:

Here’s a sample scenario I’d  like help with.  I’ll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another.  As I’m moving to that other document, I’ll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard.  Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it?  That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history?  Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Jim Weiss

If you are running Win 10 and are up to date you can now copy multiple items to the clipboard.  This feature must be turned on in Settings>>System>>Clipboard before you can use it.  I think that this feature was introduced in version 2004.  I believe that once it is enabled the keystroke to see what is on your clipboard is Windows key + V.
Jim Weiss

On Apr 19, 2021, at 11:33 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

Robin Van Lant, Sr. Program Manager - Sales Enablement
Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank
720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Ann Byrne

If you are in MS Office, the office clipboard holds 24 items, newest first. Access it with alt+h, f, d.

At 10:33 AM 4/19/2021, you wrote:
Here's a sample scenario I'd like help with. I'll copy a paragraph of text in one program that I need to move to another. As I'm moving to that other document, I'll notice something and accidentally copy another item to the clipboard. Is there a way to still access the first paragraph I had copied without having to go back to the original location, reselect the text, and re-copy it? That is, does the clipboard retain more than just the most recently copied item and can I access the history? Using Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.867), Office 365, and JAWS 2021.

<http://www.keyequipmentfinance.com/>Key Equipment Finance & Key Institutional Bank
720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Hi Robin,

I’m not well-versed in the Windows 10 clipboard capabilities since I’ve only had Windows 10 for a little over a couple of weeks. I would recommend you consider installing the Ditto clipboard manager to your computer. Ditto will let you do everything you requested and you’re able to set the number of copied clips it retains for later perusal and pasting. I have mine set to store the last 500. By default, you can access previous Ditto clips by pressing ctrl + tilde and you can then arrow through those clips to press enter to paste it wherever focus is located on your computer. I especially like that you can press shift + enter when focus is on a Ditto clip and instead of pasting it with its original formatting, it will be pasted as plain text and assume the formatting of the location where it’s pasted.

If you’re interested, Ditto can be downloaded from this site:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/ditto-cp/files/Ditto/3.21.134.0/

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:33 AM
To: JFW List (jfw@groups.io) <jfw@groups.io>
Subject: clipboard question

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Richard Turner

Bob, or someone,

Could you enlighten me on how to use the Jaws clipboard?

I tried to find it in the Jaws settings center and came up with a big fat 0.

Thanks,

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Web site: www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Kennedy
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 8:40 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: clipboard question

If you use the Windows clipboard anything you add overwrites what was there before. You can use the Jaws clipboard and keep adding without losing prior copies.

On Monday, April 19, 2021, 11:33:23 AM EDT, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <robin_van_lant@...> wrote:

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Van Lant, Robin

Oh, Jim, you are right.  I just hit Windows V and I can arrow down through a number of things I recently copied to the clipboard. It seems like the best way to use this is to be where you want to paste something, then hit Windows V, arrow to the item you want to paste, then hit enter.  That pasted one of my previous items.  Thank you!!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:04 AM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

If you are running Win 10 and are up to date you can now copy multiple items to the clipboard.  This feature must be turned on in Settings>>System>>Clipboard before you can use it.  I think that this feature was introduced in version 2004.  I believe that once it is enabled the keystroke to see what is on your clipboard is Windows key + V.

Jim Weiss

On Apr 19, 2021, at 11:33 AM, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to 
DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Cristóbal

The Jaws layered command insert+space bar then C gives you the following according to Jaws: “opens the Clipboard Text Viewer and displays all text copied and appended to the Clipboard. You can then select and copy text from the viewer and paste it in other applications.”

Cristóbal

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:31 AM

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Van Lant, Robin

Alan,

Thanks.  That looks like a cool little program. I cannot install that here at work, but I’ll look at it for home use.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:22 AM

WARNING: This email originated externally. Exercise caution. Think before clicking links or opening attachments.

Hi Robin,

I’m not well-versed in the Windows 10 clipboard capabilities since I’ve only had Windows 10 for a little over a couple of weeks. I would recommend you consider installing the Ditto clipboard manager to your computer. Ditto will let you do everything you requested and you’re able to set the number of copied clips it retains for later perusal and pasting. I have mine set to store the last 500. By default, you can access previous Ditto clips by pressing ctrl + tilde and you can then arrow through those clips to press enter to paste it wherever focus is located on your computer. I especially like that you can press shift + enter when focus is on a Ditto clip and instead of pasting it with its original formatting, it will be pasted as plain text and assume the formatting of the location where it’s pasted.

Alan Lemly

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Van Lant, Robin via groups.io

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Van Lant, Robin

Bob,

Do you mean the JAWS history feature?  I do use that quite a lot for grabbing text that his hard to copy in the normal way.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:40 AM

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Richard Turner

I suspect there is a separate command for copying into the Jaws clipboard, what might that be?

Though with this newer Windows feature, that might be enough, but it is good to know ones alternatives.

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Cristóbal
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:42 AM

The Jaws layered command insert+space bar then C gives you the following according to Jaws: “opens the Clipboard Text Viewer and displays all text copied and appended to the Clipboard. You can then select and copy text from the viewer and paste it in other applications.”

Cristóbal

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Van Lant, Robin

Hmmm.  The JAWS layered command option only seems to be showing the last thing I copied to the clipboard. I supposed this is useful in some cases, such as to see if you grabbed what you wanted to copy, but not what I needed.  Still nice to now know of the Windows clipboard history, the Office clipboard keystrokes, and the Ditto application.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Cristóbal

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Albert Cutolo

Hi it used  too be, that if you do a windows c command you could then copy multiple items to the clipboard.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 12:47 PM

I suspect there is a separate command for copying into the Jaws clipboard, what might that be?

Though with this newer Windows feature, that might be enough, but it is good to know ones alternatives.

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Cristóbal

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Marianne Denning

I copy multiple items regularly but how do you copy an item, skip a few items and copy more items?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Weiss via groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 12:04 PM

Jim Weiss

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to 

Cristóbal

If you want to append multiple items to the clipboard with Jaws, it would be insert+Windows key+C. The you could then do the layered command insert+space bar then C to view the multiple items copied. The only thing with appending multiple   items, is that you you have to get into the habit of selecting and copying a blank space first. Kind of like clearing the clipboard. Otherwise, you’ll have a bunch of copied stuff you don’t’ want.

Cristóbal

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:53 AM

Hmmm.  The JAWS layered command option only seems to be showing the last thing I copied to the clipboard. I supposed this is useful in some cases, such as to see if you grabbed what you wanted to copy, but not what I needed.  Still nice to now know of the Windows clipboard history, the Office clipboard keystrokes, and the Ditto application.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:42 AM

Cristóbal

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Hi robin,

I thought about that after I posted the suggestion. It is a very useful clipboard manager but turning on the Windows clipboard history should be allowable in a work environment and I’m glad it worked for you.

Alan

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 11:43 AM

Alan,

Thanks.  That looks like a cool little program. I cannot install that here at work, but I’ll look at it for home use.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Alan Lemly
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 10:22 AM

Hi Robin,

Alan Lemly

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Al Sorrentino

For multiple clip board items is the command Insert, Windows key and the letter C

Al Sorrentino

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 12:55 PM

Hi it used  too be, that if you do a windows c command you could then copy multiple items to the clipboard.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 12:47 PM

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Cristóbal

Bob, or someone,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line

Richard Turner

Marianne,

Are you talking about files or text?

It would be helpful to know.

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marianne Denning
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 9:58 AM

I copy multiple items regularly but how do you copy an item, skip a few items and copy more items?

Jim Weiss

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Marianne Denning

I am usually talking about files.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 2:00 PM

Marianne,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Jim Weiss

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public

Richard Turner

OK, with files there is a trick to this.

Arrow to the first file you want to copy and press and hold the control key, and tap the spacebar without releasing the control key.

Then, while holding down the control key, arrow to the next file and tap the spacebar without releasing the control key,

Keep doing this until you select the last file and press control+c.

Then go and paste the files where you want them.

HTH,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 11:12 AM

I am usually talking about files.

Sent: Monday, April 19, 2021 2:00 PM

Marianne,

Thanks,

Richard

- John Ruskin, 1819-1900

Jim Weiss

720-304-1060

KeyCorp Public

KeyCorp Public