moderated clearing cash/cookies

Madison Martin

Hi all,
Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from Firefox?
I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order to be
able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a website.
Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.
Madison

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

First Google search result when searching for "Clearing cookies and cache I n Firefox":

1. In the Menu bar at the top of the screen, click Firefox and select Preferences.

2. Select the Privacy & Security panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.

3. Click the Clear Data… button.

4. Click Clear.

And here the link to the full support article:

Clear cookies and site data in Firefox

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

Madison Martin

Okay, how do you get to the menu bar at the top of the page?

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

Mario

in this case, press alt+t, up arrow to settings and press enter.

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/clear-cookies-and-site-data-firefox>

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from
Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order
to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a
website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

Mike B.

Try pressing, Control, Shift + Delete, to open the clear history dialogue.

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

I routinely clear browser cache on a routine basis, but seldom clear anything but individual cookies.

Utilities such as BleachBit and System Ninja both make this easy and painless, and for all (or at least most, they handle all the commonly used) browsers in one fell swoop.  The thing is, you need to have the browser closed, but that's easily done.

And, for some reason, when it comes to Chrome specifically, either one of those utilities is much faster than Chrome's own history clearing for cache when "all time" (which is what I want in every case) is selected.

    ~ William Plomer

Madison Martin

So why is it necessary to clear cash/cookies? Don’t browsers have their own privacy settings?

I routinely clear browser cache on a routine basis, but seldom clear anything but individual cookies.

Utilities such as BleachBit and System Ninja both make this easy and painless, and for all (or at least most, they handle all the commonly used) browsers in one fell swoop.  The thing is, you need to have the browser closed, but that's easily done.

And, for some reason, when it comes to Chrome specifically, either one of those utilities is much faster than Chrome's own history clearing for cache when "all time" (which is what I want in every case) is selected.

    ~ William Plomer

Bill White

Hi, Madison. It becomes necessary to clear a cookie or cookies, or the cache when the browser starts running slower, or pages aren't running as expected, or when you want to change a page loading with previously entered data such as login information.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

So why is it necessary to clear cash/cookies? Don’t browsers have their own privacy settings?

I routinely clear browser cache on a routine basis, but seldom clear anything but individual cookies.

Utilities such as BleachBit and System Ninja both make this easy and painless, and for all (or at least most, they handle all the commonly used) browsers in one fell swoop.  The thing is, you need to have the browser closed, but that's easily done.

And, for some reason, when it comes to Chrome specifically, either one of those utilities is much faster than Chrome's own history clearing for cache when "all time" (which is what I want in every case) is selected.

    ~ William Plomer

JM Casey

Sure they do.

It might become necessary to clear cookies or cache (two different things) if certain websites start behaving oddly. Cache makes load times quicker by pulling up stuff that’s already stored in, well, the browser’s cache. Cookies store data for/about your use of various websites. Theyr’e simple text fiels and nothing more, but sites all over the internet use them.

You can accumulate a huge amount of these cookies on your system – we’re talking in the thousands.

So, it’s just good practice to remove them every so often. You will lose some information, potentially, like login data if you have opted to stay logged in to certain websites. So, make sure you have all your passwords stored safely.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 03:53 PM, Madison Martin wrote:
So why is it necessary to clear cash/cookies? Don’t browsers have their own privacy settings?
-
Because anything/everything that's used by a computer as "an active scratch pad," and both cache and cookies are just that, will eventually develop corruptions.

Cookies do this at a much, much, much slower pace (as in it may not happen for years) than cache, which is much more continuously actively being accessed and added to, does.

Some of the most peculiar errors/misbehaviors I've ever encountered with web browsers were the direct result of cache corruption.  Thus, to me, it's simply a matter of good housekeeping to do occasional, regular clearing of cache.  And as Bill and JM have noted, over time, it's possible for a lot of junk to accumulate even in the absence of any corruption in both the browser cookie storage and cache.  Occasionally wiping that slate clean is just a good idea.

    ~ William Plomer

Mario

Mike and others, pressing control+shift+delete doesn't work for my Firefox. FF is at version 93.0. the keystroke used to work since before it was upgraded to 91. any ideas what might be wrong, and what to do to fix it?

Try pressing, Control, Shift + Delete, to open the clear history dialogue.
Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from
Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order
to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a
website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

Have no idea what to do to fix it except, possibly, a Firefox refresh or reinstall

CTRL + SHIFT + DEL brings up the Clear All/Clear Recent History dialog for me, depending on whether I cleared Everything or some time range, respectively, the last time.

    ~ William Plomer

Mike B.

Hi Mario,

I'm running Firefox 92, but I don't use it very often, since I prefer Brave or Chrome over Firefox.  Check out the link below to see if Mozilla has a solution.  After clicking the link navigate by heading to,
Why doesn't the shortcut to clear my history (ctrl+shift+del) work since Firefox 57?

Stay safe & take care.  Mike.

Try pressing, Control, Shift + Delete, to open the clear history dialogue.
Stay safe & take care. Mike.
Just once, I want a username and password prompt to say: "Close Enough!"

Can someone please tell me how to clear all of my cash and cookies from
Firefox?

I don't want to do this, but this is what I'm being told to do in order
to be able to do what I want to do which is sign into a new account on a
website.

Using latest versions of Firefox, Jaws and Windows 10.

Madison

Curtis Chong

I am running the same version, and control shift delete works for me right from whatever the home page is that is set for Firefox.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

[...]

michaelpbaity@...

A quick short cut when opening Firefox is to press control shift and delete
which will take you to the menu where you can check off what you wish to
delete. Then press tab until OK. Press enter