Topics

moderated Chimes which keep being sounded in a new installation of Windows 10

Dave Durber

Hello everyone:

I have just installed Windows 10 on a friend's laptop.

For some reason, only understandable to Microsoft, Windows 10 keeps issuing sounds, which indicate something but, no window appears on the screen for JAWS to speak its content thus, leaving me very exasperated as to how to find out what the tone indicators mean.

Any ideas?

Dave

Hi,

Try pressing Windows+Shift=V and see if JAWS speaks notification texts.

Cheers,

Joseph

I have just installed Windows 10 on a friend's laptop.

For some reason, only understandable to Microsoft, Windows 10 keeps issuing sounds, which indicate something but, no window appears on the screen for JAWS to speak its content thus, leaving me very exasperated as to how to find out what the tone indicators mean.

Any ideas?

Dave

Dave Durber

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try it the next time it happens.

Dave