From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Rick Miller
Sent: Tuesday, July 21, 2020 2:59 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Chatting with Zoom

Dear Listers:

I am just now becoming acquainted with Zoom, as every week I attend a class at church that is conducted strictly via Zoom.  I have learned how to join a Zoom meeting and have learned some of the keystrokes such as Alt+1 and Alt+Y and various others.  I even know how to get into the chat window, but where I am having trouble is chatting with a participant.  I know that first after signing in or at some point during the meeting you can tab over to the panel of participants.  I know when you hit the Enter key the names of the participants will pop up and you can arrow up and down through the list.  But if you want to send a chat message to only one participant and not to everyone in the meeting, is there a way you can do that using JAWS?

Rick Miller

You should be aware that settings exist within Zoom to limit the ability to chat during meetings. This makes sense as it is hard to assimilate what is being discussed in a meeting while chatting with another. I know I have settings under my Zoom account where chat is disabled when in a meeting.

Alan Lemly