moderated changing the view of messages within Outlook

Madison Martin

Hi all,
How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

Leo

As far as I know, that is simply just not possible.

Best,
Leo Bado.

"It seems to me that I will always be happy in the place where I am not."
Paul Auster. "City of Glass"

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into
mail options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are
sent in which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office
365, Windows 10 and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

Van Lant, Robin

Yeah, I don't think that is possible. If you need to take a message sent in HTML and read it in plain text, I suppose you could copy the content nad paste into notepad. You could also try starting a message forward or reply and see what that does, but it's likely to still be messy. I'd say the biggest screen reader challenge I have with fancy emails ins when they use nested tables to format the email or insert lots of graphics.

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10 and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks Madison

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Bill White

Hi, Madison. The easiest way I know of to do this is,

1. Open the message for which you want to change the view.
2. Press F12 (function key 12) to save the message.
3. TAB to the formats in which you can save the message.
4. Choose plain text as the format in which the message will be saved.
5. Press ENTER. The message should be saved as a .txt file in Documents.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into
mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365,
Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

Bill White

Hi again, Madison. May I ask you a question?

Why do you want to change the view or format of the html messages? are they
being displayed as tables? if so, the following may be of interest to you.

If Emails Read As Tables

1. Open Outlook.
2. Press JAWS key plus six on the numbers row for JAWS Settings.
3. Arrow down to Web / HTML / PDFs, and Right Arrow to open.
4. Arrow down to Reading, and Right Arrow to open.
5. Arrow down to Web Verbosity Level, Medium.
6. Arrow down to Configure Web Verbosity Levels, Right Arrow to open.
7. Arrow down to medium... and press SPACE BAR to open configuration.
8. Arrow down to Table Or Grid and make sure it is unchecked. (It is easier
to press the END key and Arrow up to Table Or Grid.
9. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into
mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365,
Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

Madison Martin

Because I find quite often when I click on a link I get taken to the subject of
the message and not the webpage that the link is supposed to be for.

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

Van Lant, Robin

Madison,
I also sometimes have issues with links in Outlook messages or calendar invitations. I tend to go to the link, then open the context menu with the application key or shift F10, and then select open hyperlink. This works more reliably for me.

Because I find quite often when I click on a link I get taken to the subject of the message and not the webpage that the link is supposed to be for.

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10 and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks Madison

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

John Covici

This is poor design of the message itself, I am not sure Jaws could do
much about it -- do other screen readers do the same thing? I have
seen this myself on messages from certain companies.

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 10:32:33 -0400,
Madison Martin wrote:

Because I find quite often when I click on a link I get taken to the subject of
the message and not the webpage that the link is supposed to be for.

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received
messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail
options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in
which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10
and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks
Madison

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

I have been finding that when I open a calendar invite, it says nothing, and I cannot use the arrow keys or tab to get any information. I may be missing something since I am relatively new to using Outlook, but I have also found using shift F10 is helpful in accepting the invitation.

Pam

I also sometimes have issues with links in Outlook messages or calendar invitations. I tend to go to the link, then open the context menu with the application key or shift F10, and then select open hyperlink. This works more reliably for me.

Because I find quite often when I click on a link I get taken to the subject of the message and not the webpage that the link is supposed to be for.

How and where do I go to check and possibly change the format that received messages are displayed in (plain text, html etc) using Outlook? I went into mail options, but all I found was to change the format that messages are sent in which isn't what I want. I'm using the latest versions of Office 365, Windows 10 and Jaws. Hope someone can help me!!!! Thanks Madison

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association ("KeyBank N.A."). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

Madison Martin

Thanks, I'll try that next time.

[...]

Or you can try to access the link from the Jaws Key + F7 list box, either way, changing the way the message is displayed won't help you here, in fact, if you copy the entire message and paste it into Notepad the link is no longer something you can click on, you would then have to copy the link, open your web browser, go into the address bar and paste it in. brin