Thank you.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@...

NFB Lab 4

Go to that folder and press control space, it should say not selected.

Next, press the application key or shift F10 if you don’t have an application key.

Arrow down to sort by and enter or right arrow.

Then arrow down to date modified and press enter.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@...

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 07:57 AM, John J. Fioravanti, Jr. wrote:
In some of my folders, I want the individual files to appear by date, newest on top. Can someone tell me how I do this?
-
Changing Your Folder View in File Explorer Using a Screen Reader

If you are not using Details View, go through step 1 and its sub-steps to enable that View.  Afterward, hit ALT + V, O [View Ribbon, Sort].  In the top section of the sort dropdown will be the list of all the columns on display.  In your case, you will want to select Date Modified in that list. This will determing what's being used to sort on, and the menu will close, so just hit ALT + V, O to open it again to continue. Beneath the list of columns are two items, Ascending and Descending, only one of which can be checked.  If you want Newest first/at the top, choose Descending.

Friendship. . . Intimacy, untroubled by eros.

         ~ Kim Chernin

Curtis Chong

This is quite simple. While focused on the list of files in the folder, tab once to get to the split button. Press left or right arrow until you hear date. Then activate with space. It is really that simple.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

On Thu, Mar 3, 2022 at 11:04 AM, Curtis Chong wrote:
This is quite simple. While focused on the list of files in the folder, tab once to get to the split button. Press left or right arrow until you hear date. Then activate with space. It is really that simple.
-
Absolutely true if you already have Details View in use.  You may have to do this twice, though, depending on what the default sort order is for Date Modified.  Certain columns default to ascending and others to descending, but flip-flopping that order juse means repeating the same command sequence again.