From: "Tony Sohl" <tonysohl@samobile.net>
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2021 1:25 PM
Subject: Changing Keystroke for DAte and Time

Hi I just loked in the keyboard manager and there does not appear to be
an option to change the keystroek to announce the date and time.

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I have done it before.
Thanks to you pointing me to where it is I found it.
To change the keystroke, once you are on say system time, use your application key or shift+f10 to bring up the context menu and arrow down to change keystroke.
You can then assign a different keystroke and confirm you want to change it to something less insane. My preference is insert+shift+t. That way I don't' have to mess with creating some other command to fire the default keystroke and I don't have to take my hands off the keyboard.
If you use caps lock as your Jaws key, it is even easier.

Richard

Ralph's Observation: It is a mistake to allow any mechanical object<>to realize that you are in a hurry.

My web site, www.turner42.com

Hi I just loked in the keyboard manager and there does not appear to be an option to change the keystroek to announce the date and time.

John Covici

Its insert-f12 and pressing it twice gives the date.

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 14:25:12 -0400,
Tony Sohl wrote:

Hi I just loked in the keyboard manager and there does not appear
to be an option to change the keystroek to announce the date and
time.

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

And when you change it to insert+shift+t pressing it twice does the same thing.