moderated Can't Control+F6 between documents in Word

ann

Hi folks,

I'm using latest Jaws V22, latest windows10, and latest Word 365. The Control+F6 key no longer switches between documents in word. It acts like it has switched by speaking the name of the next document it should have switch to, but then I always get a "Lost Focus" message, and have to alt+Tab to the document anyway.

I've tried making sure everything is maximized, hitting restore, even looking to see if there is a different between using the left and right control keys, just about everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

~Ann

Udo Egner-Walter

Hi Ann,

The Control+F6 key is not a JAWS feature it's a Word feature. To verify that JAWS isn't involved I would test this with the Narrator screen reader (which is included in Windows) or NVDA. If the focus loss is seen there as well then Word is responsible for this and maybe an update of the office software can fix this. If this happens in JAWS only let us know and we can think more about solutions.

Good luck
Udo

Am 27.04.2022 um 12:29 schrieb ann <tate886@...>:

Hi folks,

I'm using latest Jaws V22, latest windows10, and latest Word 365. The Control+F6 key no longer switches between documents in word. It acts like it has switched by speaking the name of the next document it should have switch to, but then I always get a "Lost Focus" message, and have to alt+Tab to the document anyway.

I've tried making sure everything is maximized, hitting restore, even looking to see if there is a different between using the left and right control keys, just about everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

~Ann

Ann Byrne

Sometimes alt-f6 works.

At 05:29 AM 4/27/2022, you wrote:
Hi folks,

I'm using latest Jaws V22, latest windows10, and latest Word 365. The Control+F6 key no longer switches between documents in word. It acts like it has switched by speaking the name of the next document it should have switch to, but then I always get a "Lost Focus" message, and have to alt+Tab to the document anyway.

I've tried making sure everything is maximized, hitting restore, even looking to see if there is a different between using the left and right control keys, just about everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

~Ann

Adrian Spratt

Ann,

I couldn't operate if this function didn't work. I wonder if you've done an Office repair.

--
My novel Caroline is now available in paperback, Kindle and audiobook versions: https://adrianspratt.com/book/

I'm using latest Jaws V22, latest windows10, and latest Word 365. The
Control+F6 key no longer switches between documents in word. It acts
like it has switched by speaking the name of the next document it should have switch to, but then I always get a "Lost Focus" message, and have to alt+Tab to the document anyway.

I've tried making sure everything is maximized, hitting restore, even looking to see if there is a different between using the left and right control keys, just about everything I can think of. Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks,

~Ann

Tom Behler

Ann:

I don't know how to fix your document switching issue in Word, but you can
always shift between open Word documents by using the alt tab command.

This is what I've always done, and it seems to work consistently.

Good luck in getting things back to the way you want them.

Tom Behler