moderated Can some one give me a answer as to why....W11?

Morey Worthington

Hi all.

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

After a few years, if one doesn't upgrade to Windows 11, things will start not to work properly. We have until 2025. Windows 10 users can remain comfortably on Windows 10 for the next few years, but eventually, support will go away. There is, honestly, no real urgency to update to Windows 11 at the present time. But one should not cling defiantly to Windows 10 thinking that it will last forever, for it will most certainly not.

With warm regards,

Curtis Chong

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want
to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any
reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

JM Casey

The only reasons to upgrade as of now are that you'd either want to test Microsoft's new software because you're that much of an enthusiast, or you like some of the new features. If neither of those things apply to you, then just relax.

On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 06:47 PM, Curtis Chong wrote:
There is, honestly, no real urgency to update to Windows 11 at the present time.
-
This.  This is the very thing people need to keep in mind.

If you have a computer that can be upgraded to Windows 11, and you are a screen reader user, I would put off upgrading for a minimum of six months.  There is absolutely nothing to be gained by being an early adopter of Windows 11 (and that's even if you're not a screen reader user).  Let others handle the "shake out cruise" that occurs at every Feature Update, and the Win10 to Win11 upgrade is just that, but "on steroids."

In a few short months we will all know whether or not the upgrade to Windows 11 is likely to go off without a hitch and with the result being stable.  You can't know that during the early rollout period.

In the case of Windows 11, I will change my usual advice, which is, "Wait until Windows Update presents you with the option to update."  In this case, wait several months beyond that date if you happen to have a machine where Windows 11 is being offered to you as part of one of the very earliest update cohorts.  Word will spread about when Windows 11 is actually "ready for primetime."  Why rush it?  But once that's been determined, then why resist it if your hardware is Windows 11 compatible?

    ~ William Plomer

crayton Benner

I have no reason too at this time. To me, it’s not worth it to me. I am perfectly happy with windows 10. Besides, the machine that I am running windows 10 on is a machine that won’t support windows 11 anyways.

On Sep 29, 2021, at 18:41, Morey Worthington <worthington@wi.rr.com> wrote:

Hi all.

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

Glen Bracegirdle

Hi

To be honest there is no reason to upgrade straight away as windows 10 will be getting updates and support for 5 more years.

So if windows 10 does everything you need to do then there is no reason to upgrade.

Thanks

Glen

On Thu, 30 Sep 2021, 8:41 am Morey Worthington, <worthington@...> wrote:
Hi all.

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want
to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any
reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

crayton Benner

Yep. that’s a good point right there.

On Sep 29, 2021, at 18:47, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

[...]

Yep. that’s what I intend to do

On Sep 29, 2021, at 19:07, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

The only reasons to upgrade as of now are that you'd either want to test Microsoft's new software because you're that much of an enthusiast, or you like some of the new features. If neither of those things apply to you, then just relax.

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

Dave Durber

Morey:

You do not need to upgrade to Windows 11 yet, even if your computer complies with the basic requirements needed for Windows 11. Windows 10 will be supported until 2025, and maybe for longer than that, therefore, if you do not wish to upgrade to Windows 11, you can wait for a while, until Microsoft has eliminated some of the initial bugs and wholes in Windows 10. Personally, I do not intend upgrading to Windows 11, for a year at least, even though I have a system which does meet Windows 11 basic requirements.

HTH

Dave

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

Mario

Dave, if the computer is eligible for Windows 11, the user does not have to necessarily accept the upgrade?
so does that mean the upgrade is an optional upgrade, and at some point, do you think it will be forced to upgrade?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Morey Worthington"
<worthington@wi.rr.com>
Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want
to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any
reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

.

crayton Benner

I honestly think just like with what windows 10 did, we’ll have to except windows 11.

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 10:03 AM, crayton Benner wrote:
I honestly think just like with what windows 10 did, we’ll have to except windows 11.
-
That's always the case as time marches on.  And not just with Windows.  You use the operating system of your choosing that's supported by the maker of your choosing.

But the makers of the OSes decide what it is that they make and support.  All software is transitory.

At the same time, that's where you'll ultimately have to go if you stay with Windows.  But ultimately and "in the next few months" are very different time frames.  One can stay on Windows 10 for as long as it remains in support, but once Windows 11 is known to be stable, I wouldn't recommend that course of action if your computer hardware can run Windows 11.  There's just no need to feel any sense of rush.

    ~ William Plomer

Dave Durber

Mario:

If Windows 10 is meeting your current needs, then there is no need to upgrade to Windows 11 yet, even if your computer meets the basic requirements of Windows 11. I agree with Brian, you may want to wait for 6 months at least, before deciding to upgrade to Windows 11. I am going to wait for a year at least. There is no hurry to upgrade. As has been stated by myself and others, as of now, Microsoft is going to support Windows 10, and provide security updates to Windows 10, until 2025. When Microsoft stops its support for Windows 10, you will have to upgrade to Windows 11.

Already, I am receiving emails which include Windows 11 and Office 21, and offering me 10%reduction for Office 21 if I upgrade.

Dave

Can I get a real good answer as to why I, or really anyone, would want
to upgrade to W11?

A real good answer. My mind, as weak as it is, just does not see any
reason to do so.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Morey Worthington

.

Steve Nutt

Hi,

It really depends who you are.

I personally like to adopt early, because then we can give feedback. If no blind person adopted early, then Microsoft wouldn’t know if their accessibility improvements actually are improvements.

All the best

Steve

Computer Room Services

77 Exeter Close