moderated Can Jaws 2021 latest version open M3U files using VLC media player?

Albert Cutolo

Good morning everyone, 

Between yesterday morning and this morning, I’m unable too open ACB media seven radio  stream, using the VLC media player.  Is this particular player unable too open M3U files as well?  I can’t even open this stream using the older windows media player.

Thanks in advance, 

Al

JM Casey

How many files did you try?

It’s worth noting that what you’re doing is not actually opening a file on your computer, but a little text file  that points to a url where the data is streaming from.

So, it could be that the stream itself isn’t working at the moment. It happens.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo
Sent: October 15, 2021 10:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can Jaws 2021 latest version open M3U files using VLC media player?

Good morning everyone, 

Between yesterday morning and this morning, I’m unable too open ACB media seven radio  stream, using the VLC media player.  Is this particular player unable too open M3U files as well?  I can’t even open this stream using the older windows media player.

Thanks in advance, 

Al

Milton Ota

Yes it can.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of JM Casey
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 12:40 PM
Subject: Re: Can Jaws 2021 latest version open M3U files using VLC media player?

It’s worth noting that what you’re doing is not actually opening a file on your computer, but a little text file  that points to a url where the data is streaming from.

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al

Albert Cutolo

Good evening everyone, 

I should have indicated in the post that I posted this morning, That the specific file or stream that I wanted too listen too, was our ACB New York  state convention.  Even when I tried  too attempt  too do a check for updates, It wouldn’t let me download or install any updates that were available for VLC media player.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 1:43 PM
Subject: Re: Can Jaws 2021 latest version open M3U files using VLC media player?

Yes it can.

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al

crayton Benner

I’ve had it to where the stream doesn’t work and that problem has come up. Sorry for replying so late. 

On Oct 15, 2021, at 13:40, JM Casey <jmcasey@...> wrote:

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Albert Cutolo 
Sent: October 15, 2021 10:16 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Can Jaws 2021 latest version open M3U files using VLC media player?

Good morning everyone,  

Thanks in advance,  

Al 

Milton Ota

First, you might have to set the VLC Media player as your default media player if you need help, just go to the Start button, press enter, type default, press enter, tab until you come to the choices for audio media files and select VLC Media Player.

For the person who was having trouble checking for update of the VLC Media Player, sometimes it takes a while for it to check. If it finds an update it will begin downloading. You can also do a version comparison by checking the www.ninite.com website for the latest version posted there.

Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 5:26 PM

Good evening everyone, 

I should have indicated in the post that I posted this morning, That the specific file or stream that I wanted too listen too, was our ACB New York  state convention.  Even when I tried  too attempt  too do a check for updates, It wouldn’t let me download or install any updates that were available for VLC media player.    

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Milton Ota
Sent: Friday, October 15, 2021 1:43 PM

Yes it can.

Good morning everyone, 

Thanks in advance, 

Al