Topics

moderated Calling Microsoft accessibility

kevin meyers

Thanks, Kevin

Richard Turner

Are you by chance asking for the phone number?

If so, it is 800-936-5900.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 8:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Calling Microsoft accessibility

Thanks, Kevin

Deb and the girls

I called it yesterday and they are not taking phone calls at this  time.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: Calling Microsoft accessibility

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Thanks, Kevin

Dan Longmore

Line is working today, Thursday, as usual.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Deb and the girls
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 1:30 PM

I called it yesterday and they are not taking phone calls at this  time.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 10:48 AM

Richard

Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

Not the phone number. Yesterday and this morning when I called I kept getting the message they were not taking phone calls.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 10:48 AM

Richard

Thanks, Kevin

Where is this "not taking phone calls" message coming up?  When I dialed 800-936-5900 just now I get the standard greeting.

Since I have nothing I need to take up with Microsoft related to accessibility I wasn't about to start stepping through menus, so I realize this could occur further in to the process.

But no one should be surprised at limited availability of any given resource during this time.  Sometimes multiple calls until you luck out and someone's answering is happening all over the place these days.  And that's not a defense of Microsoft, just an observation regarding life in the time of Covid-19 and limited staffing.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sharon

Last Friday night and for several days I could reach no one.

I was on there for hours at a time.

I have not tried lately.

Up until then they would answer in a very short time, and I never ever had to wait longer than 20 minutes.

Sharon

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 3:50 PM

Where is this "not taking phone calls" message coming up?  When I dialed 800-936-5900 just now I get the standard greeting.

Since I have nothing I need to take up with Microsoft related to accessibility I wasn't about to start stepping through menus, so I realize this could occur further in to the process.

But no one should be surprised at limited availability of any given resource during this time.  Sometimes multiple calls until you luck out and someone's answering is happening all over the place these days.  And that's not a defense of Microsoft, just an observation regarding life in the time of Covid-19 and limited staffing.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Les Kriegler

The greeting is standard, but when you reach the point of waiting for assistance, they inform you that their system is no longer able to accept calls for the foreseeable future. I think it may be system wide as I called another Microsoft number and got the same message. Why that message does not come up immediately when you call the Accessibility Line is baffling.

Les

Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2020 3:50 PM

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 06:56 PM, Les Kriegler wrote:
Why that message does not come up immediately when you call the Accessibility Line is baffling.
-
Agreed.  Making someone navigate a menu, any menu, when the terminus is, "We're not accepting calls, and won't be for the foreseeable future," is ridiculous, and bad customer service and public relations.

Don't bury the lede.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Scott Pearl

Right now you may have troubles getting through to Microsoft’s disability answer desk. The last couple of days I’ve called them about an issue and once you get through their automated system and tell it that you want either Office or Windows, it says that they are unavailable to provide support at this time and it tells you to go to their website. This happened multiple times when I called in the last few days.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 9:48 AM

Richard

Thanks, Kevin

Scott Pearl

For me it occurred further in the process. After I told it I needed office related tech support it came through with a recording that they are currently not taking phone calls. I was also thinking it probably had to do with COVID.

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 1:50 PM

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Deborah Worstman

Hi, I suggest you call using be my eyes. 
I called them today and below is Their response information.

Be My Eyes support for Microsoft is up and running 24/7. Give us a ring if you need help with accessibility related issue.

More information for you

For any technical assistance, contact us again at aka.ms/DAD. We also provide Be My Eyes video call support in addition to Phone, Chat, and ASL support. Just download the Be My Eyes app in App Store or Google Play.

A suggestion for you 

We’ve launched a series of accessibility webinars for customers and businesses who want to learn more about accessibility features such as Narrator and Magnifier. Check out the demos from our engineering teams here.

Something to consider 

If you have product feedback on any of the Microsoft Accessibility features or want to share your ideas, please visit the Accessibility UserVoice page at aka.ms/accessibilityfeedback.

Thanks again,

Andrei

Customer Advocate

Microsoft Disability Answer Desk

On Oct 8, 2020, at 6:44 PM, Scott Pearl <spearl@...> wrote:

For me it occurred further in the process. After I told it I needed office related tech support it came through with a recording that they are currently not taking phone calls. I was also thinking it probably had to do with COVID.

Sent: Thursday, October 08, 2020 1:50 PM

--

~ Lawrence Krauss