moderated Calendar Question

Jasmine Kotsay

Hello,
I have a question about the calendar on the PC. How easy is it to use? I want to be able to use the calendar there so it syncs with my Google Calendar, so that I see it on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jasmine

"Blindness is not what defines me, yet there are many things that do."
—Jasmine Kotsay, 2007

Jasmine Kotsay

Hello,
I have a question about the calendar on the PC. How easy is it to use? I want to be able to use the calendar there so it syncs with my Google Calendar, so that I see it on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jasmine

"Blindness is not what defines me, yet there are many things that do."
—Jasmine Kotsay, 2007

Curtis Chong

Hello Jasmine:

Although I am a long-time user of the Outlook Calendar (having mastered its foibles over a period of decades), I am now a convert to Google Calendar, both on my iPhone and the computer. On the computer, using the Google Calendar website is incredibly simple once you figure it out. What's even better is that on my iPhone, Google Calendar is my default calendar. Thus, whatever I put into or remove from Google Calendar on the computer is automatically synchronized with my iPhone.

This may not be the answer you were looking for. But this is my solution to the conundrum of keeping calendars in sync.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

I have a question about the calendar on the PC. How easy is it to use? I want to be able to use the calendar there so it syncs with my Google Calendar, so that I see it on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jasmine

"Blindness is not what defines me, yet there are many things that do."
—Jasmine Kotsay, 2007

Jasmine Kotsay

Actually, yes, this is an answer I am looking for. I am not wanting to use the actual outlook calendar, but Google calendar itself. I would like to know how to use the Google Calendar website efficiently so that I can have everything synchronized. Any tips on this? Thank you!

On Mar 22, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes indeed.

Most things are done with the JAWS Virtual Cursor Off. When this is the case you can take advantage of the Google Calendar keyboard shortcuts.

C to create a meeting.
D to view by day.
G to jump to a specific date.
A to switch to the schedule or agenda view.
Delete key to erase an event.
E to edit an event.

When editing or creating an event, tab between the different fields, of which there are many. After editing the event, Control s will save it.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Cordially,

Curtis Chong

I have a question about the calendar on the PC. How easy is it to use? I want to be able to use the calendar there so it syncs with my Google Calendar, so that I see it on my phone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Jasmine

"Blindness is not what defines me, yet there are many things that do."
—Jasmine Kotsay, 2007

NFB Lab 4

I 2nd W Curtis said. If you make your Google Calendar the default calendar on your iPhone, then you can just use Siri to input and change your calendar entries. The days of having to do it on the computer will be long gone. However, if that’s what you want to do, calendar goat google.com is accessible

On Mar 22, 2022, at 9:20 PM, Curtis Chong <chong.curtis@...> wrote:

[...]

Jerry Berrier

Calendar goat google.com. Horray for dictation!