moderated Bugbear In Windows 10 and JAWS 2021

Annabelle Susan Morison

Hi, it's Annabelle.
Has anyone ever had this problem before? I'm attempting to run ICare Data Recovery Pro on my new Windows 10 machine, but I get the following message:
"An administrator has blocked you from running this app".
Here's the problem, I am the administrator of this machine! I've tried going into Windows Defender and changing some settings, but to no avail. What do I do next? The problem is, JAWS won't read to me the solutions for attempting to unblock the app. I mean, isn't there a button that says, "Run Anyway"?

Chris Hill

There isn't necessarily an unblock button.  If you want to be sure, use insert-space then o then w to ocr the window and you'll get a good idea exactly what it says.  Have you tried right-clicking on the program and choosing run as administrator?

CH

On 6/14/2021 21:19, Annabelle Susan Morison wrote:
Hi, it's Annabelle.
Has anyone ever had this problem before? I'm attempting to run ICare Data Recovery Pro on my new Windows 10 machine, but I get the following message:
"An administrator has blocked you from running this app".
Here's the problem, I am the administrator of this machine! I've tried going into Windows Defender and changing some settings, but to no avail. What do I do next? The problem is, JAWS won't read to me the solutions for attempting to unblock the app. I mean, isn't there a button that says, "Run Anyway"?

Richard Turner

You could also try running Narrator to see if it reads something Jaws isn't.
Or, call Microsoft Accessibility help, 800-936-5900

Richard

www.turner42.com

On Jun 14, 2021, at 7:49 PM, Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

[...]

I tried an OCR, but the JAWS cursor won't say anything when I try to navigate with the arrow keys. What's up with that, I wonder?

On 06/14/2021 7:49 PM Chris Hill <hillco@...> wrote:

[...]

Glenn / Lenny

Annabelle,
Usually security questions involve an alt Y or alt C for continue.
Did you try to alt tab to the window?
Sometimes these windows pop up, but they are behind another window.
Glenn

[...]

I tried that, but even then nothing changed.