moderated braille writer

meow meow

Hi Roseie here...
I hope I can ask this kind of question
do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?
just manual
thanks

Milton Ota

You really have only one choice and that is the Perkins Braille Writer. I don’t think you are looking for the electric one.

You can find brand new ones at Perkins Store. Price is around $900.00

Here is the web URL to the Perkins Store for Braille Writers:

https://brailler.perkins.org/pages/perkins-brailler

You can find people selling secondhand Perkins Braillers ranging in price from around $250.00 and I have seen some going for as high as $400.00. Ads are usually found on blindads a listserv found on groups.io, and you can find ads in the Braille Forum from the American Council of the Blind and the Braille Monitor from the National Federation of the Blind.

HTH

do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?

just manual

thanks

Bill Tessore

Isn’t there still a company that makes the Mountbatten braille writer? i’ve seen some before, and it’s my understanding they do the same thing and are built primarily the same too.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

[...]

I did look up from internet and all I can see is for learning for kids

do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?

just manual

thanks

Bill Tessore

I tried looking for a non-electric Mount Batten braille writer that I mentioned earlier. But I too found no such device. I DID find an electronic device suitable for braille learners and even professional braille users. So it seems the manufacturers have abandoned the electricity independent model for its technologically advanced progenitor. I apologize for the confusion.

Shalom,

Bill Tessore
billtessore@...

On Nov 21, 2021, at 1:24 PM, meow meow <soberwater26q@...> wrote:

I did look up from internet and all I can see is for learning for kids

do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?

just manual

thanks

meow meow

    we havee try to call twice to pertkins  for braille writer and no answer  and did left in voice mail and no return call and did email and it fail to reach them

do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?

just manual

thanks

Ashleigh Piccinino

Perkins

Sent from Ashleigh's Fire

On December 2, 2021, at 3:30 PM, meow meow <soberwater26q@...> wrote:

    we havee try to call twice to pertkins  for braille writer and no answer  and did left in voice mail and no return call and did email and it fail to reach them

do anyone know whick kind is best to buy good braille writer?

just manual

thanks

Curtis Chong

Greetings:

The Perkins Brailler is priced at $810 plus a little over $20 for UPS delivery. I just purchased one online for a person who is not very comfortable with web browsing.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong