configuration with me to diagnose a problem that occurred in her
settings. I never experienced this problem before so therefore i need
some help.
The problem is when she use her display to operate Jaws, it will
display contracted braille everywhere she navigate her Jaws to but in
microsoft Word.
i tried to solve the problem but I can't seem to track it down. If you
know what is the problem, please respond to this email so I can adjust
her settings back to where it suppose to be.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of
the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

Student of: Hadley Institute of the Blind

www.hadley.edu

Jason White

In Microsoft Word, use Insert+V for Quick Settings and check the translation table options.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Wednesday, 14 July 2021 16:56
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Braille problem

Hi all, I have a question here. My friend shared a copy of her Jaws configuration with me to diagnose a problem that occurred in her settings. I never experienced this problem before so therefore i need some help.
The problem is when she use her display to operate Jaws, it will display contracted braille everywhere she navigate her Jaws to but in microsoft Word.
i tried to solve the problem but I can't seem to track it down. If you know what is the problem, please respond to this email so I can adjust her settings back to where it suppose to be.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

Michael Munn

The problem is now solved regarding braille display  displaying only in Grade one code in Microsoft Word. Thanks to all of you for the help. I really appreciate it.

What I end up doing is having her Jaws configuration pasted into my Explorer My settings folder, then I use the first letter navigation key to find Word.JCF to open the settings center directly, I then press b until I find braille, then translation. It turns out that she had her output set to  Chinese braille code and her input is in U.S Grade One .

Now everything has straightened and thank you once again for the tip. 

best regards 

Michael H. Munn 

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Georgia  

www.nfbga.org

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 6:50 PM Jason White via groups.io <jason=jasonjgw.net@groups.io> wrote:
In Microsoft Word, use Insert+V for Quick Settings and check the translation table options.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Munn
Sent: Wednesday, 14 July 2021 16:56
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Braille problem

Hi all, I have a question here. My friend shared a copy of her Jaws configuration with me to diagnose a problem that occurred in her settings. I never experienced this problem before so therefore i need some help.
The problem is when she use her display to operate Jaws, it will display contracted braille everywhere she navigate her Jaws to but in microsoft Word.
i tried to solve the problem but I can't seem to track it down. If you know what is the problem, please respond to this email so I can adjust her settings back to where it suppose to be.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn

www.nfbga.org

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu