moderated Braille problem

Michael Munn

Hi all, I have a question here. My friend shared a copy of her Jaws
configuration with me to diagnose a problem that occurred in her
settings. I never experienced this problem before so therefore i need
some help.
The problem is when she use her display to operate Jaws, it will
display contracted braille everywhere she navigate her Jaws to but in
microsoft Word.
i tried to solve the problem but I can't seem to track it down. If you
know what is the problem, please respond to this email so I can adjust
her settings back to where it suppose to be.
Thanks
Best regards
Michael Munn

Member: Georgia Association of Blind Students National Federation of
the Blind of Georgia

www.nfbga.org

Member: National association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind

www.nfb.org

www.hadley.edu

Jason White

In Microsoft Word, use Insert+V for Quick Settings and check the translation table options.

[...]

The problem is now solved regarding braille display  displaying only in Grade one code in Microsoft Word. Thanks to all of you for the help. I really appreciate it.

What I end up doing is having her Jaws configuration pasted into my Explorer My settings folder, then I use the first letter navigation key to find Word.JCF to open the settings center directly, I then press b until I find braille, then translation. It turns out that she had her output set to  Chinese braille code and her input is in U.S Grade One .

Now everything has straightened and thank you once again for the tip.

best regards

Michael H. Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019