moderated Beta

leonard morris

When does the Jaws Beta testing end?

When the version is officially released it goes out of public Beta and in past years that typically has been late October or early November.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of leonard morris
Sent: September 24, 2021 8:22 PM
To: jaws <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Beta

Chris

Never!

Sent: 25 September 2021 04:22
To: jaws

I think Len is asking when public beta testing ends and not whether all beta testing ends including the closed private beta testing.

In this case "never" is not the correct answer because I am pretty sure that unlike with iOS where you can continue to be part of the public beta testing process for upcoming releases of iOS 15 like 15.1, 15.2 etc. that once Jaws 2022 is released to the public the public Beta cycle ends.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Chris via groups.io
Sent: September 25, 2021 12:48 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Beta

Never!

Richard Turner

Sieghard is correct.

Eric Damery announced on one of the recent FS casts that the first public beta would be out in September, which it was.  The second public beta is due out in the first half of October possibly sooner.  The full release is planned for the end of October, early November at the latest in time for Windows 11 for those who jump right on the new Windows version.

At that point, the public beta is done until the next time they release a beta version.

I have never been a private beta tester for Jaws, so cannot speak to how that cycle runs.

Richard

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.” – Jane Wagner

My Web site: https://www.turner42.com

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 9:45 AM

I think Len is asking when public beta testing ends and not whether all beta testing ends including the closed private beta testing.

In this case "never" is not the correct answer because I am pretty sure that unlike with iOS where you can continue to be part of the public beta testing process for upcoming releases of iOS 15 like 15.1, 15.2 etc. that once Jaws 2022 is released to the public the public Beta cycle ends.

Never!

Windows 11 should be available a little before the official release of Jaws 2022 as Microsoft announced that October 5th will be the official date for its release. However, if you really want to jump on it at that stage you can of course use the Jaws 2022 public beta and I believe Windows 11 will work with Jaws 2021, but maybe not as well, but I think there have been Windows Insiders using it with Jaws 2021 for some time now.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: September 25, 2021 9:55 AM

Sieghard is correct.

Eric Damery announced on one of the recent FS casts that the first public beta would be out in September, which it was.  The second public beta is due out in the first half of October possibly sooner.  The full release is planned for the end of October, early November at the latest in time for Windows 11 for those who jump right on the new Windows version.

At that point, the public beta is done until the next time they release a beta version.

I have never been a private beta tester for Jaws, so cannot speak to how that cycle runs.

Richard

“Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it.” – Jane Wagner

Never!

Richard Turner

I did not know October 5th was the target date.

Yes, the beta will work fine they say.

Jaws 2021 has been reported by some insiders to work, but I gather with a lot of fiddling with the Touch Cursor, which maybe won’t be needed with Jaws 2022, I hope.

Richard

Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 10:06 AM

Windows 11 should be available a little before the official release of Jaws 2022 as Microsoft announced that October 5th will be the official date for its release. However, if you really want to jump on it at that stage you can of course use the Jaws 2022 public beta and I believe Windows 11 will work with Jaws 2021, but maybe not as well, but I think there have been Windows Insiders using it with Jaws 2021 for some time now.

Sieghard is correct.

Richard

Never!

Sent: September 25, 2021 10:12 AM

I did not know October 5th was the target date.

Yes, the beta will work fine they say.

Jaws 2021 has been reported by some insiders to work, but I gather with a lot of fiddling with the Touch Cursor, which maybe won’t be needed with Jaws 2022, I hope.

Richard

Sent: Saturday, September 25, 2021 10:06 AM

Sieghard is correct.

Richard

Never!