Topics

moderated Beta

Morey Worthington

Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

--
Morey Worthington

Richard Turner

I've been using the beta pretty much all the time since the end of September and I've not had any real issues.
I sent something into the beta feedback, but now don't recall exactly what that was, so it must not have been huge.
I'm hoping FS gets their web site troubles sorted out and we get another beta before they decide to release the full version.
At least, I assume the hold-up is the web site problems.

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖

Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

--
Morey Worthington

Dan Longmore

It’s still loses focus like prior versions. Also it crashes with office 365 more than 2020. Overall pretty stable some nice new features but lingering issues remain.

Morey Worthington

Thanks for response. Have not downloaded it yet and was just wondering.

Thanks again.

--
Morey Worthington

Richard Turner

Dan,
Which part of Office 365 are you experiencing more crashes?
I primarily use Outlook and Word, and some Excel, and have noticed some crashes, but I'm not sure it is more than with 2020.
It seems to be triggered mostly in Outlook on some emails that have lots of links I think, though it is hard to track down.

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖

It’s still loses focus like prior versions. Also it crashes with office 365 more than 2020. Overall pretty stable some nice new features but lingering issues remain.

Chris Hill

All seems fine to me.  I've had a few crashes, but no worse than usual, and I'll go for days with nothing interesting happening.

On 10/21/2020 11:08, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

Dan Longmore

Yes, mainly with outlook. I would agree that it seems to be larger emails and I’m not really sure if they have lots of links. I was just hoping for better performance with his main stream program with 2021.

On Oct 21, 2020, at 12:24 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Dan,
Which part of Office 365 are you experiencing more crashes?
I primarily use Outlook and Word, and some Excel, and have noticed some crashes, but I'm not sure it is more than with 2020.
It seems to be triggered mostly in Outlook on some emails that have lots of links I think, though it is hard to track down.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

Live long and prosper 🖖

It’s still loses focus like prior versions. Also it crashes with office 365 more than 2020. Overall pretty stable some nice new features but lingering issues remain.

Richard Turner

Amen to that. One would think we'd get better performance by now, but, so it goes.

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖

[...]

Check out my web site at:
https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.t
urner42.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C90a3c15ae42c439d197208d875df0e7b%
7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637388948158478365%7CUnkn
own%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwi
LCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=64lxy1n%2Fag9z%2FMtJPYe20rhgWDgI%2BjND
uI8Fujvmox4%3D&amp;reserved=0

It’s still loses focus like prior versions. Also it crashes with office 365 more than 2020. Overall pretty stable some nice new features but lingering issues remain.

Pastor Gilbert Pries

Hi,
Haven't had any crashes here with Microsoft 365.

Pastor Gilbert

All seems fine to me. I've had a few crashes, but no worse than usual, and I'll go for days with nothing interesting happening.

On 10/21/2020 11:08, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little
or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

Maria Campbell

I had to revert back to 2020, because of a bug in Thunderbird, having to do with forms mode.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

On 10/21/2020 12:08 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

Les Kriegler

Hi Richard and All,
I have as many if not more crashes in 2021. Generally, I cannot load NVDA orNarrator when this occurs. Sometimes, I can bring back speech by using touch gestures, occasionally, I can load Narrator which then brings back Jaws, and other times, I just have to restart my computer.
Best,

Les

It’s still loses focus like prior versions. Also it crashes with office 365 more than 2020. Overall pretty stable some nice new features but lingering issues remain.

Chris Hill

Hmmm, what forms mode bug might that be?  I'm using thunderbird right now, and it seems to be working fine.  They have recently updated it, and the biggest issue I have is you can arrow yourself right out of forms mode.  there has always been a problem in thunderbird in that if you do too much editing on a message, stuff gets weird.  I've learned to save the message as a draft then go in and edit as a new message to make things work again.  That one has gone on for years.

On 10/21/2020 12:14, Maria Campbell wrote:
I had to revert back to 2020, because of a bug in Thunderbird, having to do with forms mode.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

On 10/21/2020 12:08 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

Maria Campbell

I have to hit the enter key to turn on forms mode when trying to send or reply to a message, because when I tab to the body of the message, I get the words message body, and I can't do anything unless I hit the enter key to activate forms mode.  I don't know if it's because I'm using TB version 68 rather than the latest version.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

On 10/21/2020 1:46 PM, Chris Hill wrote:
[...]

Have you tried insert+z to turn off quick keys?

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖

[...]

All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do
nothing.
--Edmund Burke

On 10/21/2020 12:08 PM, Morey Worthington wrote:
Hi all. anybody using the 2021 Beta of Jaws still using it with
little or no difficulty?

Is the newest Beta release of 2021 still holding its own?

Maria Campbell

That works, but why would I have to do this just with this version and never before?  And how do I make this permanent in this version of JAWS?

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--Edmund Burke

On 10/21/2020 2:19 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

Probably because of some change they made.
I have no idea if you can make that permanent.
Maybe someone else knows.

Richard

Live long and prosper 🖖

Check out my web site at: https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.turner42.com%2F&amp;data=04%7C01%7C%7C727a160cd4cc4c74fd8f08d875eecf68%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637389015825489433%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=aurOhl0wcPjYKAlVzPXir%2BgXk4RTG%2F%2FgiauT29tZWso%3D&amp;reserved=0