Topics

moderated BARD express

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Glenn / Lenny

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 6:44 PM
Subject: BARD express

Hi listers:

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Thanks!

Lino Morales

No. You need the player or the Android or iOS app or a Kendle Reader.

On 1/4/2021 7:47 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Hi listers:

Thanks!

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Glenn. No, it doesn't. It's strictly for downloading and organizing bookshelves.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 4:47 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: BARD express

Hi listers:

Thanks!

Glenn / Lenny

Yeah, I listen with my iPhone, but I'd prefer listening on my computer.
I sure wish LOC would make a computer program that works like the apps.
Glenn

Sent: Monday, January 04, 2021 7:16 PM

No. You need the player or the Android or iOS app or a Kendle Reader.

On 1/4/2021 7:47 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Hi listers:

Thanks!

Richard Turner

It does not allow listening on the computer, but it is a great way to add books to your wish list, or download them to a cartridge. 

Richard

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."
"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."
-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

On Jan 4, 2021, at 5:17 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Glenn. No, it doesn't. It's strictly for downloading and organizing bookshelves.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 4:47 PM

Hi listers:

Thanks!

Richard Turner

I suspect it doesn’t read that info because no one has made a script for it to do so.

If you are downloading to the cartridge, and want that feature spoken, I’d write to NLS and make that request.

HTH,

Richard, in the U.S.

"You know," said Arthur, "it's at times like this, when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with a man from Betelgeuse, and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space, that I really wish I'd listened to what my mother told me when I was young."

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

-- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Norton
Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 4:44 PM

Hi listers:

Thanks!

Joseph Norton

Hi Glenn:

No, the program only streamlines the process of finding, browsing, downloading and transfer of BARD books to other devices.

The only program I am aware of that can play BARD books on a PC is Guide Connect from Dolphin, which has a hefty price tag, and is intended for computer novices.  It’s probably best not to discuss it here.

Sent: Monday, January 4, 2021 7:47 PM

Hi listers:

Thanks!