Topics

moderated BARD express

Joseph Norton

Hi listers:

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Glenn / Lenny

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Lino Morales

No. You need the player or the Android or iOS app or a Kendle Reader.

On 1/4/2021 7:47 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Glenn. No, it doesn't. It's strictly for downloading and organizing bookshelves.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Glenn / Lenny

Yeah, I listen with my iPhone, but I'd prefer listening on my computer.
I sure wish LOC would make a computer program that works like the apps.
Glenn

No. You need the player or the Android or iOS app or a Kendle Reader.

On 1/4/2021 7:47 PM, Glenn / Lenny wrote:

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Turner

It does not allow listening on the computer, but it is a great way to add books to your wish list, or download them to a cartridge.

Richard

"Why, what did she tell you?"
"I don't know, I didn't listen."

On Jan 4, 2021, at 5:17 PM, Bill White <billwhite92701@...> wrote:

Hi, Glenn. No, it doesn't. It's strictly for downloading and organizing bookshelves.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Does this program allow you to listen to BARD books on the computer?

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Richard Turner

I suspect it doesn’t read that info because no one has made a script for it to do so.

If you are downloading to the cartridge, and want that feature spoken, I’d write to NLS and make that request.

HTH,

Richard, in the U.S.

"Why, what did she tell you?"

"I don't know, I didn't listen."

Anyone on the list use the program called BARD Express provided by the National Library Service?

Reason I ask is that, it seems, JAWS doesn’t read the status line automatically.

I can find it with the touch cursor, by turning it on, and pressing ctrl+home, then right arrow 3 times to find the progress bar, and one more right arrow to read the download queue information.

Anyone know why JFW doesn’t read that status line automatically?

Thanks!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Joseph Norton

Hi Glenn:

No, the program only streamlines the process of finding, browsing, downloading and transfer of BARD books to other devices.

The only program I am aware of that can play BARD books on a PC is Guide Connect from Dolphin, which has a hefty price tag, and is intended for computer novices.  It’s probably best not to discuss it here.