moderated balloon messages

leonard morris

When I plug my iPhone in to my computer I get the message asking me something like "tell the computer what happens when a device is attached to this computer?" I am paraphrasing of course since this balloon message goes away so quickly. In windows 10 where is the option to make a choice to answer Win10's question?

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,
Great question!
I’ve wondered the exact same thing for a long time.
Any and all assistance with this matter, is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Feb 15, 2021, at 5:34 PM, leonard morris <lmorris1953@gmail.com> wrote:

When I plug my iPhone in to my computer I get the message asking me something like "tell the computer what happens when a device is attached to this computer?" I am paraphrasing of course since this balloon message goes away so quickly. In windows 10 where is the option to make a choice to answer Win10's question?

Mike B

Hi Leonard,

Try the following:
1. Open the Control Panel, find, Ease of Access Center link and press enter.
2. Tab 6 times, I believe to, Use the computer without a display Link and press enter.
3. Tab 4 times, I believe, to How long should Windows notification dialog boxes stay open? Combo box.
4. Arrow up / down to the desired time, tab to, Okay, and press enter.

Stay safe and take care.  Mike.

When I plug my iPhone in to my computer I get the message asking me
something like "tell the computer what happens when a device is attached
to this computer?" I am paraphrasing of course since this balloon
message goes away so quickly. In windows 10 where is the option to make
a choice to answer Win10's question?

Ann Byrne

If you want that message not to display, press the windows key and type the word "autoplay". There are choices concerning what you want the computer to do when it sees various types of external devices--SD card, flash drive, and so on. When you find the choice you want, you have to press enter on it or the computer won't remember. then tab to the next device and choose again.
the next time you plug in an external device, windows/autoplay will do whatever you set it to do.

At 04:34 PM 2/15/2021, you wrote:
When I plug my iPhone in to my computer I get the message asking me something like "tell the computer what happens when a device is attached to this computer?" I am paraphrasing of course since this balloon message goes away so quickly. In windows 10 where is the option to make a choice to answer Win10's question?

Bill White

Hi, Leonard. I don't know exactly what type of device the computer thinks you're hooking up, but the setting would be in Control Panel>AutoPlay. Change whichever setting affects the phone to View Files In Windows Explorer. Then you can see what's on your Phone. Also, you can vary the amount of time these toast notifications stay onscreen, and I'll tell you below how to set that, too.

1. Open Control Panel.
2. Open Ease of Access.
3. TAB to Use the Computer without a display, and press ENTER.
4. TAB about five times, until you hear How Long Should Notifications Stay Open?
5. Adjust the combo box to the length desired.
6. TAB to Apply, and press ENTER.
7. TAB to OK, and press ENTER.

Now that notifications stay onscreen longer, you have more time to press SHIFT plus WINDOWS plus V to hear the notification. You may also see the notification in Action Center, which you get to with WINDOWS key plus A.

Bill White

billwhite92701@att.net