Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 3:45 PM
Subject: Backup service

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one? I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup. I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Justin Williams

I have back blaze.

I just got it.

Justin

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one? I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup. I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Michelle's Home Emails

hi Kevin

I use gdrive  google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use but not impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.

On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one? I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup. I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Jed Barton

Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use but not
impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the data
and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup. I want to
backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

I believe they still have free limited accounts, that is how I started with them.
You download a utility that puts an open drive icon on the desktop, and in this PC, from which you can open a window like it's a folder on your computer, but it is their site.
You can copy and paste to and fro.
The web site is:
https://www.opendrive.com/
I think the windows utility is under apps, and you don't have to have an account to use the app, but it only connects to yours or someone else's Open Drive.
You get to make a guest account for the public folder which more than one person can use, but you can just send links to anyone from the public folder, Links are in the context menu in the public folder.
Glenn

Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use but not
impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the data
and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup. I want to
backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Cook, Steve

How much space do you get?

Steve cook

https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.opendrive.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7CSteve.Cook%40sccb.sc.gov%7C6d8531375017476c3afc08d9f74418eb%7Ce9f8d01480d84f27b0d6c3d6c085fcdd%7C0%7C0%7C637812694126283712%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=%2FdXWIYonWFndAV2lPkOGaMHiKweEc8L66KgP5F1LDN0%3D&amp;reserved=0
I think the windows utility is under apps, and you don't have to have an account to use the app, but it only connects to yours or someone else's Open Drive.
You get to make a guest account for the public folder which more than one person can use, but you can just send links to anyone from the public folder, Links are in the context menu in the public folder.
Glenn
Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use
but not impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the
data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup.
I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

For around a hundred a year, it's unlimited.

Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use
but not impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the
data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup.
I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Cook, Steve

Do they have free accounts?

https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.opendrive.com%2F&;data=04%7C01%7CSteve.Cook%40sccb.sc.gov%7C37a8504f15884681858508d9f7ac430e%7Ce9f8d01480d84f27b0d6c3d6c085fcdd%7C0%7C0%7C637813141496729862%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000&amp;sdata=BCILto%2Fdej1%2BLMFMdFyvtqivZ%2F4ydKbqKw4TA%2FHiUaU%3D&amp;reserved=0
I think the windows utility is under apps, and you don't have to have an
account to use the app, but it only connects to yours or someone else's
Open Drive.
You get to make a guest account for the public folder which more than one
person can use, but you can just send links to anyone from the public
folder, Links are in the context menu in the public folder.
Glenn
Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use
but not impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the
data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup.
I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

Glenn / Lenny

They did when I started with them a couple years ago.
opendrive.com
Glenn

For around a hundred a year, it's unlimited.

Curious to hear more about open drive, how does it work?

Cheers,

Jed

On 2/23/22, Michelle's Home Emails <m1stevens@...> wrote:
hi Kevin

I use gdrive google very accessible. And drop box is harder to use
but not impossible.

From Mi
chelle Stevens.
On 24 Feb 2022, at 8:45 am, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello,

I’m looking into using a backup service. Does anyone know of a good one?
I’m looking to use a service that copies from my laptop, encrypt the
data and send it to a server. I do use an external drive for backup.
I want to backup at a different location.

Cheers,

Kevin

David Kingsbury

Hhi Kevin,

If you have Microsoft 365, one terabyte of storage is included with this subscription. This is a very good deal. If you have some sensitive files and folders like tax documents, etc. it comes with a personal vault which you open using two factor authentication.

David

kevin meyers

Hi Justin,

I downloaded the trial version of BackBlaze. I want to test the restore function and have problems.

I go to the view / restore page. Jaws can recognize the folders that were copied from my laptop. I tried to go into one of the folders as I only want to restore one file just to see if it works. No matter what I did, I couldn’t get any files to show up whether I pressed enter on the folder or used the Jaws cursor and did a double left click.

Did you try to do a restore? What did you do?

Cheers,

Kevin