From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Adrian Spratt
Sent: Saturday, October 9, 2021 3:46 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: how do you underline a word?

And you’re also using some version of MS Word? In that case, highlight the word or passage you wish to underline, then press control-u. JAWS will announce something like, “Underline.”

One caveat that will be obvious to people with sight but not those without: if you underline, italicize or bold something and then continue typing right away, the newly typed text will also be underlined, etc. What I do to prevent this from happening is to add a comma after the text I’m about to underline. When I’ve completed the underlining, I add a space after the comma, then delete the comma, which won’t have been underlined. Of course, if you want a comma there anyway, all the better.