Auto updates


Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@...>
 

Hi i'm new to jaws 12 just want to find out where to switch auto updates on and off.


David <davidwhitehead1957@...>
 

Hello there;

To turn off the
Jaws automatic update notification,

Go to;

Jaws/options/basics,
Now tab and uncheck the box,

And tab okay.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 5:31 AM
To: Jaws
Subject: Auto updates

Hi i'm new to jaws 12 just want to find out where to switch auto updates on
and off.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

Nickus ... easy. Go into Options > Basics and there's a checkbox for it.

At 05:30 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
Hi i'm new to jaws 12 just want to find out where to switch auto updates on and off.


Adrian Spratt
 

To get to the checkbox in basics, you need to press the "advanced" button.

If new to JAWS, and not just JAWS 12, once you reach the checkbox, I suggest
you find out what this function actually does by pressing insert-F1.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 9:48 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: Re: Auto updates

Nickus ... easy. Go into Options > Basics and there's a checkbox
for it.

At 05:30 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
Hi i'm new to jaws 12 just want to find out where to switch auto
updates on and off.

_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

At 09:54 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
To get to the checkbox in basics, you need to press the "advanced" button.
Not in my copy of Jaws 12. Under advanced, I have all the checkboxes for trying remote braille or speech at start up, use pacmate for authorization etc. Anything to do with autoupdate notification seems to be in basics.


Adrian Spratt
 

Thanks for the correction, Chris. I'm using JAWS 11. I should have deferred.
I still recommend reading help via insert-F1, assuming it's the same in JAWS
12.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:06 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Auto updates

At 09:54 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
To get to the checkbox in basics, you need to press the "advanced"
button.
Not in my copy of Jaws 12. Under advanced, I have all the
checkboxes for trying remote braille or speech at start up, use
pacmate for authorization etc. Anything to do with autoupdate
notification seems to be in basics.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Chris Smart <csmart8@...>
 

Oh definitely. IN fact, everybody should consult help regularly. *grin*

At 10:15 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
Thanks for the correction, Chris. I'm using JAWS 11. I should have deferred.
I still recommend reading help via insert-F1, assuming it's the same in JAWS
12.

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Chris Smart
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 10:06 AM
To: The Jaws for Windows support list.
Subject: RE: Auto updates

At 09:54 AM 8/7/2011, you wrote:
To get to the checkbox in basics, you need to press the "advanced"
button.
Not in my copy of Jaws 12. Under advanced, I have all the
checkboxes for trying remote braille or speech at start up, use
pacmate for authorization etc. Anything to do with autoupdate
notification seems to be in basics.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


Nickus de Vos <bigboy529@...>
 

Haha can't think how I've overlooked that. I'm not new to jaws so know
exactly what it does I'm just new to jaws 12 got it last week. Thanks
a lot

On 8/7/11, David <davidwhitehead1957@cogeco.ca> wrote:
Hello there;

To turn off the
Jaws automatic update notification,

Go to;

Jaws/options/basics,
Now tab and uncheck the box,

And tab okay.


-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com [mailto:jfw-bounces@lists.the-jdh.com]
On Behalf Of Nickus de Vos
Sent: Sunday, August 07, 2011 5:31 AM
To: Jaws
Subject: Auto updates

Hi i'm new to jaws 12 just want to find out where to switch auto updates on
and off.


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com


_______________________________________________
Jfw mailing list
Jfw@lists.the-jdh.com
http://lists.the-jdh.com/mailman/listinfo/jfw_lists.the-jdh.com