moderated Auto-adding mails in Gmail Basic View

Rahul Bajaj

Hi,

In Gmail basic view, I have to manually enter an email address each
time I compose a new message. Is there a way to ensure that I only
have to type part of the address, and then get a suggestion, based on
email IDs I have sent mails to in the past, that I can select?

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Thomas N. Chan <thomas.nchan@...>

I believe that's the limitation of the basic view.
you either go into your address book or contact and send mail from there or just move to standard view.

its not that difficult to use and it pack with a lot of keyboard shortcut.

Regards,
Thomas N. Chan

On Tue, 19 Oct 2021 at 15:51, Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj1038@...> wrote:
Hi,

In Gmail basic view, I have to manually enter an email address each
time I compose a new message. Is there a way to ensure that I only
have to type part of the address, and then get a suggestion, based on
email IDs I have sent mails to in the past, that I can select?

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

Ashleigh Piccinino

Do you not have an addressbook? I'm familiar with the Google mail system, and don't usevery it ... sorry about that. However, can't you just select the contact you'd like to message? That's how it works with Outlook.
Ashleigh Piccinino

On Oct 19, 2021, at 2:51 AM, Rahul Bajaj <rahul.bajaj1038@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

In Gmail basic view, I have to manually enter an email address each
time I compose a new message. Is there a way to ensure that I only
have to type part of the address, and then get a suggestion, based on
email IDs I have sent mails to in the past, that I can select?

Warmly,
Rahul

Rahul Bajaj
Senior Resident Fellow,
Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi, India
Rhodes Scholar (India and Linacre 2018)
University of Oxford

soner

Rahul, this is  possible, assuming that you already have the contact info in your gmail address book, write part of the mail address, then tab to "subject field", and then tab back to "to" field, and navigate  by up and down arrows, you will see your contact added.
indeed FS should streamline it better, because possibly Gmail suggests names in basic view but JFW does not probably recognise it well.