moderated Audio drivers not working.

David Diamond

        I know this is a stretch but, I don’t think I’m on the windows group anymore.  My audio driver does not work.  The explanation is, after the latest windows update, the HP windows 7, upgraded to windows 10, could not handle the new update and the audio driver crashed.  Because of the age, apparently there are no audio drivers available for Win 7 H P computers.  Thus, tying this in with JAWS, no audio driver, no sound from any screen reader.

None of what you describe is probable.

Windows 7 will not update to Windows 10 if there are critical drivers (usually chipset drivers for the motherboard not available).  Virtually any driver I've ever tried from the Windows 7 or Windows 8 eras will run under Windows 10.  And there are Microsoft generic drivers for virtually any piece of hardware that you can name that will make them minimally serviceable in most cases.

This really is a question for the Windows 10 for Screen Reader User's group.  And if you post it there you should include the make and exact model of the machine, the Windows 10 version and build, whether things had been working under Windows 10 until a certain update was applied (and check version history to determine which one).  I realize this may require sighted assistance, since your sound is completely out at the moment, but without accurate background information these issues are extremely difficult to diagnose correctly and to apply the correct fix for.

Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users Group Addresses:

           ~ André Gide

Dan Longmore

Hi,

  Wo
uld take this to Microsoft Disability desk.

Usually you can roll back updates and as well as driver updates.

That will take assistance  so disability desk may be good place to start.

Dan