Topics

moderated attempting settings export still crashes wizard, with June update

Jessica D

Hi,

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B

The export settings wizard worked perfectly on both my Windows 7 & 10 computers running this latest Jaws2020 build.

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill White

Hi, Jessica. I am using Microsoft Windows

Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.900) with JAWS 2020, latest update. My export wizard did not crash. I exported the settings as is to the desktop.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B

Hi Jessica,

When you updated to this latest version of J2020, did you download and run the installer from your computer, or did you download and install using the Jaws update wizard?

The export settings wizard worked perfectly on both my Windows 7 & 10 computers running this latest Jaws2020 build.

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Bill White

Hi again, Jessica. One thing you might want to try is the following,

Turn off your antivirus, perform the export of JAWS settings, see if it crashes, then turn on your antivirus again. Sometimes a system will act badly with software in certain situations, and this may be one of them. The same thing may be true concerning the new Avoid sound card clipping setting in JAWS.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Marie

Sorry Jessica, but I just went through the entire process with no problem whatsoever. It ran flawlessly.
I am running the newest Jaws 2020 and the new Win10 2004.
Marie

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Jessica D

Hi,

I did it using the update wizard.

I’ve also tried downloading it via the exe file with the previous version, which, sadly, didn’t fix the issue.

[...]

I’m using win 10, version 2004.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mike B

Well damn, that sucks!  Are you receiving any kind of error message or screen that Jaws possibly isn't reading to you, but you could possibly access with the Touch cursor?

[...]

No, the wizard just exits; no error, no nothing.

Thanks,
Jessica

On Jun 16, 2020, at 11:14 PM, Mike B <mb69mach1@...> wrote:

[...]

John Covici

What I have done in the past is to just take the whole settings folder
-- in my case its c:\users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\freedom
scientific\jaws\2020\settings\enu where username is your username and
put it in the same directory on your other computer or whereever you
need it to be. I have had some trouble also with the export wizard,
but what I did worked for me and I hope it works for you -- you might
want to back up the current folder in case something bad happens.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 20:54:34 -0400,
Jessica D wrote:

/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
{font-family:"Cambria Math";
panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
{font-family:Calibri;
panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
{margin:0in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
{mso-style-priority:99;
color:blue;
text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph
{mso-style-priority:34;
margin-top:0in;
margin-right:0in;
margin-bottom:0in;
margin-left:.5in;
margin-bottom:.0001pt;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
{size:8.5in 11.0in;
margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
{page:WordSection1;}
/* List Definitions */
@list l0
{mso-list-id:115175940;
mso-list-type:hybrid;
mso-list-template-ids:-1497564108 -1 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715 67698703 67698713 67698715;}
@list l0:level1
{mso-level-tab-stop:none;
mso-level-number-position:left;
text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level2
{mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower;
mso-level-tab-stop:none;
mso-level-number-position:left;
text-indent:-.25in;}
@list l0:level3
{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
mso-level-tab-stop:none;
mso-level-number-position:right;
text-indent:-9.0pt;}
@list l0:level4
@list l0:level5
@list l0:level6
@list l0:level7
@list l0:level8
@list l0:level9
{mso-level-number-format:roman-lower;
mso-level-tab-stop:none;
mso-level-number-position:right;
text-indent:-9.0pt;}
ol
{margin-bottom:0in;}
ul
{margin-bottom:0in;}

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

Hozefa Tambawala

Hi Jessica,

Try repairing JAWS.

On 6/17/20, John Covici <covici@...> wrote:
What I have done in the past is to just take the whole settings folder
-- in my case its c:\users\<user name>\appdata\roaming\freedom
scientific\jaws\2020\settings\enu where username is your username and
put it in the same directory on your other computer or whereever you
need it to be. I have had some trouble also with the export wizard,
but what I did worked for me and I hope it works for you -- you might
want to back up the current folder in case something bad happens.

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 20:54:34 -0400,
Jessica D wrote:

xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"
xmlns:m="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta
http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta
name=Generator content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><style><!--
[...]
class=WordSection1><p class=MsoNormal>Hi,</p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>I sincerely
apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d
really like to get this solved.</p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>With the June
update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still
crashes.</p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Can
anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?</p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>What happens
is:</p><ol style='margin-top:0in' start=1 type=1><li
class=MsoListParagraph style='margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>Go
to the utilities menu, and click export settings.</li><li
class=MsoListParagraph style='margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1
lfo1'>Leave the default option, which is to export a!
ll settings as is</li><li class=MsoListParagraph
style='margin-left:0in;mso-list:l0 level1 lfo1'>Press enter, which will
wizard may crash.</p><p class=MsoNormal>This happens every time for
me.</p><p class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p
class=MsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=MsoNormal>Sent from <a
href="https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986">Mail</a> for Windows

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@...

--
"Life is like a piano.
White keys are happy moments

Follow me on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/starhoze

Skype ID:
star.hoze

Warm Regards,
Hozefa...

Andrew Summers

Well mine worked fine!

Andrew

I sincerely apologize if I’m not supposed to send this to multiple people, but I’d really like to get this solved.

With the June update, which was released today, the settings export wizard still crashes.

Can anyone uncover the mystery, as to why this would be?

What happens is:

  1. Go to the utilities menu, and click export settings.
  2. Leave the default option, which is to export all settings as is
  3. Press enter, which will press the “next” button

At this point, the wizard may crash.

This happens every time for me.

Thanks,

Jessica

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mario

sounds like those who have upgraded to Windows 10 2004 are having alot of problems when updating their JAWS 2020 to the latest June update.