moderated Attaching an email to another email

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, office2016 and Jaws2021. I need to reply to an email and attach another one. On the internet I only found instructions of doing a drag and drop. Is it possible to use key strokes to do the same thing? Cheers, Kevin

Curtis Chong

Kevin:

I do this in Outlook, so if you’re using something else, my instructions may not work.

Focus on the message you want to attached without opening it. Copy this to the clipboard with Control C.

Now, open the message to which you want the email attached. Put your cursor at the start of the actual message body. Press Control V to paste.

HTH.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2021 3:32 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Attaching an email to another email

Hello, I’m using the most recent versions of windows10, office2016 and Jaws2021. I need to reply to an email and attach another one. On the internet I only found instructions of doing a drag and drop. Is it possible to use key strokes to do the same thing? Cheers, Kevin

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 05:31 PM, kevin meyers wrote:
I need to reply to an email and attach another one.
-
If what's been offered does not work, another option is just forwarding the message you wanted to attach.   That's generally what I do, anyway, and in the message that references it I say something like, "I'll be forwarding the perninent message right after sending this one."
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043  

It is the function of creative men to perceive the relations between thoughts, or things, or forms of expression that may seem utterly different, and to be able to combine them into some new forms--the power to connect the seemingly unconnected.

~ William Plomer

kevin meyers

Curtis, thanks very much this worked!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Curtis Chong
Sent: Wednesday, November 3, 2021 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: Attaching an email to another email

Kevin:

I do this in Outlook, so if you’re using something else, my instructions may not work.

Focus on the message you want to attached without opening it. Copy this to the clipboard with Control C.

Now, open the message to which you want the email attached. Put your cursor at the start of the actual message body. Press Control V to paste.

HTH.

Kindly,

Curtis Chong

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2021 3:32 PM
Subject: Attaching an email to another email