Topics

moderated Any way I can disable this audio issue?

Michael Munn

Hi all, I recently purchased a new computer and I love it. One thing that is in my I'm an intermediate Jaws user and I love some audio feed back while I'm using Jaws.One thing that the new laptop get on my   nerve is the sound system shuts off automatically when not in use for a long time. I want to know is there a way for me to disable this settings.
Hope to hear from you.
Best regards
Michael Munn

JAWS Certified, 2019

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

www.hadley.edu

Chris

You will need to turn off power management for the sound device

For some reason this may be easily said than done since the removal of the power management tab for most device properties

But if you cant turn it off through your device properties try going through control panel > audio manager

And hopefully you can turn off power management through that applet

Good luck

Hi all, I recently purchased a new computer and I love it. One thing that is in my I'm an intermediate Jaws user and I love some audio feed back while I'm using Jaws.One thing that the new laptop get on my   nerve is the sound system shuts off automatically when not in use for a long time. I want to know is there a way for me to disable this settings.

Hope to hear from you.

Best regards

Mario

try Silenzio, it will continuely play a small WAV file which will not
let your soundcard sleep.
http://www.stefankiss.sk/programy/silenzio/Silenzio_1.0_setup.exe

Hi all, I recently purchased a new computer and I love it. One thing that
is in my I'm an intermediate Jaws user and I love some audio feed back
while I'm using Jaws.One thing that the new laptop get on my nerve is the
sound system shuts off automatically when not in use for a long time. I
want to know is there a way for me to disable this settings.
Hope to hear from you.
Best regards
Michael Munn

[image: JAWS Certified, 2019]
<http://www.freedomscientific.com/Certification>

Member: Virginia Association of Blind Students National Federation of the
Blind of Virginia

www.nfbv.org

www.hadley.edu

James Bentley

Silenzio fixed this same problem on 3 different laptops for me.

James B

[...]

After installing Silenzio do you have to configure it a certain way?
I did once install it on my Asus laptop and I could not notice any difference.

[...]

alia robinson <aliar4@...>

I just got a usb headset, and all is fine. It’s ridiculous that I had to and it seems there would be a way to fix this.

After installing Silenzio do you have to configure it a certain way?

I did once install it on my Asus laptop and I could not notice any difference.

Chris Hill

Depends on if it works the way it is set by default.  It can appear in the system tray, and right-clicking (or equivalent) will let you choose which sound device to apply it to, the default choice is the default.

On 1/8/2020 22:19, Sieghard Weitzel wrote:
[...]

ok thanks you'all. I never have to do anything like this four years ago when I bought my first Laptop.
Thanks again for the tips.