Topics

Any difference between JAWS home and commercial version

ARORA Meesha

Hello members,

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

george b

No commercial gives the  use on more then one device and cost a lot more money.  Other then that they work the same.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

Loy

No difference, only the price difference.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Alright, thank you, good to know there isn’t any differenceJ

No commercial gives the  use on more then one device and cost a lot more money.  Other then that they work the same.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

netbat66

i think the home version still allows you to install it on 3 computers.

No commercial gives the use on more then one device and cost a lot more money. Other then that they work the same.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

netbat66

functionally no difference. but the home version can only be installed on 3 computers.

No difference, only the price difference.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 �commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 �Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

Randy Barnett

Home can be installed on more than one PC. I use Jaws on 2 PC's and a laptop with the home license. As long as I am the only one useing Jaws on any pc I own I can install jaws on it.

On 11/6/2019 7:49 AM, ARORA Meesha wrote:

Alright, thank you, good to know there isn’t any differenceJ

No commercial gives the  use on more then one device and cost a lot more money.  Other then that they work the same.

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

Dave Durber

The JAWS Home Edition is the same as having the JAWS Proffessional edition. In other words, there is no difference, except in the name and the difference in the price.

HTH

Sincerely:

Dave Durber

I am currently using JAWS 2020 –commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 –Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

netbat66

Not so. The home version can only be installed on 3 computers. the pro version i think is 5 or more computers. and you can use remote access to another computer.
other then this they are the same

I am currently using JAWS 2020 �commercial license in my office and I am interested to purchase JAWS 2020 �Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

ARORA Meesha

Thanks all and yes, the home version also can be installed on 3 computers.
Is it a good idea to go for sma as well?
I am trying to decide if I should go for sma as well along with purchase of JAWS?
Thanks
Meesha

Not so. The home version can only be installed on 3 computers. the pro version i think is 5 or more computers. and you can use remote access to another computer.
other then this they are the same

I am currently using JAWS 2020 commercial license in my office and I am
interested to purchase JAWS 2020 Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various
applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

James Malone

When I had pro, I was only allowed 3.

Not so. The home version can only be installed on 3 computers. the pro version i think is 5 or more computers. and you can use remote access to another computer.
other then this they are the same

I am currently using JAWS 2020 commercial license in my office and I am
interested to purchase JAWS 2020 Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various
applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

netbat66

then you didn't have pro.
the pro versions allows you to install it on 10 computers.

https://wiki.state.ma.us/display/assistivetechnologygroup/Using+the+JAWS+Enterprise+License

Not so. The home version can only be installed on 3 computers. the pro version i think is 5 or more computers. and you can use remote access to another computer.
other then this they are the same

I am currently using JAWS 2020 commercial license in my office and I am
interested to purchase JAWS 2020 Home edition for my personal use.

Is there is a difference in the functionalities while using various
applications in both the editions-home and commercial version?

I have got Windows 10 home edition in my personal laptop.

Also is it a good idea to purchase SMA along with JAWS?

Thanks,

Meesha

The link you provided is for the Enterprise license which works with Jaws Professional but has nothing at all to do with how a "normal" person would use/license Jaws Professional.
It even says in the article:

EOTSS has converted its licenses for JAWS for Windows to Enterprise Licenses. This allows up to ten (10) concurrent users to connect to the Freedom Scientific license server for using JAWS.
If you try to connect when all licenses are already in use, JAWS will launch in "Demo mode," which will work for only 40 minutes.
Please be sure to close JAWS on your computer when you are done using it so the license will be available to other users.

This is a setup for organizations where a server is used to control the licensing, Jaws pro is installed on individual computers or workstations, but it looks to the server to see if it can run without restrictions or whether it needs to go into demo mode. It is my understanding an organization can buy as many licenses as they want, e.g. they could have a Jaws license server which allows for 100 users to connect. This is different from somebody who in the past needed Jaws Professional because they were running Windows XP Professional back in the day when if you had XP Pro you actually needed Jaws professional because Jaws Home would only run on the home version of an OS. I think with Windows 7 that requirement was no longer necessary, e.g. you could run Windows 7 Professional with a Jaws Home license, however, if you have Jaws professional and use it for your own purposes or in your own business where maybe you have 2 or 3 or 5 PC's then I think theoretically the 3 PC rule still applies although I have it on my laptop and 4 PC's at work and it has always activated for me.

Regards,
Sieghard