From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Juan Hernandez
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 1:17 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: antivirus software

HI All,

What is a antivirus package that is accessible? And that won’t chew up my system resources to bad?

Thanks.

Randy Barnett

Microsoft built-in security suite is all you need. It's free it's accessible and it's effective. I've been using it for years.

Randy Barnett

On Apr 28, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@...> wrote:

HI All,

What is a antivirus package that is accessible? And that won’t chew up my system resources to bad?

Thanks.

Tyler Wood

Microsoft’s windows defender is not only built in, but free and accessible, and has remained so the last 6 years. It is located under settings>update and security>Windows security. From there it is simply a matter of clicking on the pertinent button you are interested in e.g. virus and threat protection, windows security (to get a summary of your system security), account protection, firewall and network protection, etc.

Best of luck!

Tyler

Microsoft built-in security suite is all you need. It's free it's accessible and it's effective. I've been using it for years.

Randy Barnett

On Apr 28, 2021, at 11:16 AM, Juan Hernandez <juanhernandez98@...> wrote:

HI All,

What is a antivirus package that is accessible? And that won’t chew up my system resources to bad?

Thanks.

Dan Longmore

Hi,

Webroot is good on resources however interaction with JAWS is not the best.  However I have found it useable and not causing interference in terms of program interaction or using needed resources.

Dan